YouTube - Disable Inline Playback ("Keep hovering to play")

Disable the Inline Playback feature ("keep hovering to play") on YouTube even when logged out

< Відгуки до YouTube - Disable Inline Playback ("Keep hovering to play")

Відгук: OK - script works, but has bugs

TV
§
Опубліковано: 16.01.2022

I disagree with a previous review that says it's useless--it definitely works. Many people do NOT log in to use Youtube, and this script stops that ridiculous "feature'. However, it doesn't restore thumbnail previews, which would be great. That said, static thumbnails are better than that stupid hover-to-play nonsense. Thanks, developer, for your efforts.

yeggogАвтор
§
Опубліковано: 17.01.2022

Interesting, for me it does restore the old-style GIF previews. It still takes an extra second unfortunately, because of how the code behind the new feature works (there's a new 1 second delay built-in for the new feature, probably buried somewhere within YouTube's JavaScript files and I couldn't find it). Try leaving your mouse on the thumbnail for a little bit and see if that works. It might seem like it's not working because it will take a bit longer than you're used to. If that doesn't work, would you mind telling me which browser you're using? I admit I only tested this in Firefox, I admit I probably should have done more testing before publishing. I'd be happy to try and make some changes to expand compatibility.

Опублікувати відповідь

Sign in to post a reply.