Greasy Fork is available in English.

Instagram Reloaded

View or download the full-size Instagram image/video. Super simple: press alt+f or shift & click to view media - alt & click saves file. Read for more options.

< Відгуки до Instagram Reloaded

Question/comment

§
Опубліковано: 11.12.2018
Edited: 11.12.2018

Shift + left click no longer works

With v2.17, the shift+left click no longer works at all. It works fine if I roll back to v2.16 or earlier, but of course, with other issues (i.e. occasional URL signature mismatch). Thanks!

despecialАвтор
§
Опубліковано: 15.12.2018

Hi Beef Jerky, I am currently using shift+click without any problems on Mac with Firefox. Can you give more infos about your system and version?

The URL signature mismatch is an Instagram problem. I will try to write a hack for that but cannot promise that it will work in the future (IG restricts a lot lately).

§
Опубліковано: 15.12.2018
Edited: 15.12.2018

OK, I figured it out. It seems to be a conflict of some sort with IG Helper. If I disable IG Helper, the shift+left click of Instagram Reloaded works fine.

I know conflicts with other scripts isn't necessarily your responsibility to fix, but would you be willing to look into it? Or consider adding the one feature that I use from IG Helper (the pink button in the top right corner to download the full size image)?

Also, the URL Signature Mismatch seems to be better on v2.18. I haven't thoroughly tested it yet, but I tried it with a few pictures I knew to have issues with earlier versions, and it does load the picture now.

Edit: I've also noticed that many videos will not play in the normal Instagram interface with Instagram Reloaded enabled. I have to do the shift+left click to open it in a new tab, and then it plays fine, but it also opens another tab with just a screen grab from the video. Is this just me? This happens using Greasemonkey in both Pale Moon as well as Firefox. I'm running Windows 10 x64 Pro.

Thanks!

despecialАвтор
§
Опубліковано: 17.12.2018

Videos: there is no code executed until you click on the video with shift or alt. So it shouldnt be related with the script itself. Plus, the thumbnail opens in a new tab - free choice to download it. (I dont consider to stop that behaviour in the near future)

About the download icon: I created this script to be minimal and not interfere with the layout, design and behaviour of the instagram page. Sorry to say but I wont add any design changes (like an icon to download something). Whats the benefit of both scripts? I havent tested the other one.

Currently I am not having much time to work on this one. I try to fix bugs so its core functions stay active.

§
Опубліковано: 17.12.2018
Edited: 17.12.2018

"Videos: there is no code executed until you click on the video with shift or alt. So it shouldnt be related with the script itself. Plus, the thumbnail opens in a new tab - free choice to download it. (I dont consider to stop that behaviour in the near future)" I'm testing in a fresh Firefox x64 install, with the current version of GreaseMonkey and your script. There are no other addons or scripts installed. Here is an example of a video that exhibits that behavior (nothing happens when I click on it): https://instagram.com/p/Bq-EWkPAqzp/

"About the download icon: I created this script to be minimal and not interfere with the layout, design and behaviour of the instagram page. Sorry to say but I wont add any design changes (like an icon to download something). Whats the benefit of both scripts? I havent tested the other one." That download button is the sole benefit of the other script (IG Helper) to me. I can simply click the button and it will open the save dialog to save the full size image. It's just faster than doing shift+left click, then right click and save. It's unfortunate that the alt+left click in Firefox doesn't download the image like in Chrome.

"Currently I am not having much time to work on this one. I try to fix bugs so its core functions stay active." Understood. If you do get a chance, it would certainly be appreciated if you could maybe see what is interfering between the 2 scripts.

despecialАвтор
§
Опубліковано: 19.12.2018

I updated the script to let videos play without any interruptions. Hope this will be a permanent fix. Thanks for your feedback.

As a FF user myself, I would prefer a direct download feature, too. Maybe I can find the time to see how IG helper works and force the download in Firefox. I would not add an icon but a shortcut to open the download dialogue

§
Опубліковано: 19.12.2018

I tried the new script and can confirm that videos play fine now. Thanks for the quick fix!

If you can find a way to do direct download, that would really be the only thing missing from an otherwise awesome script.

Thanks again!

Опублікувати відповідь

Sign in to post a reply.