在搜索引擎和任意网页获得增强的高亮!

< Feedback on Enhanced word highlight

Review: ياخشى - قوليازما ئىشلەيدۇ، بىراق خاتالىق بار

§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2024-03-26
hzhbestئاپتور
§

You mean from search result link? Manual highlight and inheriting highlight works as normal.

§

if I go to that page manually, I should see the popup panel menu but I don't.

hzhbestئاپتور
§
تەھرىرلەنگەن ۋاقتى: 2024-03-26

if I go to that page manually, I should see the popup panel menu but I don't.

That page doesn't fit any auto-highlight rules naturally. So it won't be highlighted in the first place, unless navigated from a page already highlighted.

Or you mean you want to see a highlight panel even with no keyword for highlight? If so, what's the purpose?

§

I want to be able to manually add words to highlight. Sometimes I'm on a page and I suddenly want to highlight a specific word, then I should be able to do that, but I can't because the highlight panel isn't there.

- My preference is to always have the panel visible on any page that I go to. However, the panel should be minimized to not interfere with the user. It should be a small panel on the side of the page, barely visible.

- When the user needs to highlight something, they can expand the panel and add words to highlight. When the user is done, they can click on a button to collapse the panel. The panel is not hidden, it's just collapsed.

hzhbestئاپتور
§

You can always call the keyword input box by pressing the Alt-/ shortcut, where you can add or change keywords for highlight just by keyboard.
The same shortcut is also quick to select-and-highlight anything interested.
If there are no keywords for highlight, there is no need for an empty panel to exist.
If you want a mouse-only select-and-highlight experience, a floating icon around your current selection could be considered. But going from selection to panel to highlight is just not the good way to implement.

§

I'd prefer to have a panel that's very minimized and tiny so that it doesn't take up space and that I wouldn't mind it being on the left side of the page. I have a lot of shortcuts for different apps that I use, so trying to remember them is a bit painful sometimes. I even created a basic userscript that acts as a reminder for the hotkeys for your script. Looks something like this:
https://imgur.com/Q5q1nTb

And before you ask, I changed the hotkeys for your script to suit my needs, which is why it's a bit different. My reminder popup is always there on DuckDuckGo and I can collapse it and move it around and it'll retain its position on the page. I'm already used to having a little popup box on the page, so I don't mind if yours is always there.

I guess I just much prefer seeing things on the page that I can click on, because it's intuitive and doesn't require memorizing shortcuts or key combinations, etc.

hzhbestئاپتور
§

Sorry that I was not that quite into your actual daily need.
But I am working on additional configuration for modifying shortcut to user preference.
That would be in the next release along with auto-hiding panel option, maybe also a "keep panel on screen" option if I find a way to avoid conflicts.

جاۋاب قايتۇرۇش

جاۋاب قايتۇرۇش ئۈچۈن كىرىش.