Greasy Fork is available in English.

Greasy Fork - Fix for problem with [datetime] and Waterfox Classic [Standalone] v.1

▶ CSS Fix for problem with [datetime] / Waterfox Classic (only need for WATERFOX CLASSIC)

< Feedback on Greasy Fork - Fix for problem with [datetime] and Waterfox Classic [Standalone] v.1

سوئال / ئىنكاس

NotYouMod
§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2022-12-24

Hi buddy! Just tested Firefox 56 on VM, but didn't find any issues with Greasy Fork, maybe this is your side issue?

Here is a screenshot (VM is on Windows 7, Firefox 56):

decembreئاپتور
§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2022-12-24
تەھرىرلەنگەن ۋاقتى: 2022-12-24

Haaa.....
Strange.
Need to re drop an eye on it.
I spend a lot of time on that (hmmm... i have some strange passion, yes)
thanks for the test.
;-)

Note:
I remember something around Polly and Waterfox:
a time ago, it was added in the build, and removed after (as i remember).

NotYouMod
§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2022-12-25

Tried even on older browser (Firefox 40), this is obviously your side issue, try to find problem by disabling everything one by one (extensions, plugin and other things), if everything is same as it was, enable that thing again and try with other one.

Here is screenshot:

decembreئاپتور
§

Yes...
i will try...
:-)

decembreئاپتور
§

After a fastidious process (disable / re enable one by one.... reload etc... hmfff):
Yes, it's something on my side.

Without "Polly" here, the [datetime] work fine.

But i am unable to see which addon cause this problem:
I have enable many (more than usually i use...), but thi famous [datetime] worked each time...

Now, i will see at the usage if i need polly for other sites as i need before.
Wait and se!

And thanks to make these tests on your side :-)

decembreئاپتور
§

Haa

for this post i re tested the capacity to re edit (just after posting) my post, which, "in my case" was not possible before without Polly enable...
And yes that's not possible....
So i need re test with "Polly".

decembreئاپتور
§
تەھرىرلەنگەن ۋاقتى: 2022-12-25

Pffff...

I lost all my explanation (cause the too short time to re edit our post used in GreasyFork).

decembreئاپتور
§

So, now i can take my time to explain where is the problem and why yes there is one as i said before.

Whithout "Polly, i can't use the re edit function.

And about [datetime], i understand our mistake:

Watch your screenshot take attention how the date is formatted:
20022-12-24

That's not the "normal" [datetime] like it should be formatted in Greasyfork...

By example for my post:
Posté le: 3 minute ago

Or an older one:
Posté le: 4 day ago Édité le: 4 day ago

And in some other place (by example script list):
this date is totally invisible.

Note:
My Css fix take it's attribute to add a :beforewhich reveal the old formatted date...

Finally, i need "Polly" on Greasyfork and some other place:
that's because add a pollyfill solution for webcompotements / elements etc.

It's not very easy to use, because there are no documentation with it,
so it need many testing in some case to find the right combination.

Oufff... i go to make a Coffee now!

§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2023-07-06

Hey everyone! Just desired to share my thoughts and experiences regarding the Greasy Fork script and the difficulty with [datetime] and Waterfox Classic. First of all, I must say that I haven't encountered any issues with Greasy Fork when testing it on Firefox 56 in a digital machine running Windows 7. So, it is feasible that the issue you are facing would possibly be particular to your setup.

Regarding the [datetime] problem, I believe I've identified the issue. In the screenshot you shared, I noticed that the date is formatted differently than the standard [datetime] format used on Greasy Fork. For example, instead of "Posted: 3 minutes ago" or "Posted: 4 days ago (Edited: 4 days ago)", it shows "20022-12-24". This discrepancy is likely causing the date to be invisible in certain places, like the script list: https://andersenlab.de/blueprint/best-technologies-for-web-development-project-in-2022

To address this issue, I've developed a CSS fix that adds a ":before" attribute to reveal the old formatted date. However, I must mention that my solution requires the use of "Polly", a polyfill solution for web components and elements. It's a bit tricky to use since there's no documentation available, so it requires extensive testing to find the right combination of settings.

Well, that's all for now.

جاۋاب قايتۇرۇش

جاۋاب قايتۇرۇش ئۈچۈن كىرىش.