Fade In and Out

Adds fade out effect when the page is unloaded

< Feedback on Fade In and Out

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 11-05-2014
Edited: 11-05-2014

Opacity stays 0 after download

The script works great, many thanks for that! Only one problem, after performing a download opacity stays 0 and the transition is halted. Right-clicking and using the 'Save As' works, but it is rather annoying to do every download that way. Tested on both firefox and chrome with a fresh profile (version info below), making no other changes than installing either scriptish, greasemonkey or tampermonkey respectively and installing this script as the only user.js script. Noticed that other users are reporting similar trouble (http://userscripts.org:8080/topics/129873) and I do hope this is something fixable, as it really enhances browsing *a lot* :-)

Greetings
- - -

Firefox 29.0 + Scriptish 1.13pre
Firefox 29.0 + Scriptish 1.11
Firefox 29.0 + Greasemonkey 1.15

Firefox 24.5 ESR + Scriptish 1.13pre
Firefox 24.5 ESR + Scriptish 1.11
Firefox 24.5 ESR + Greasemonkey 1.15

Chromium 36.0.1964.2 (Tampermonkey 3.7.48)

§
Posted: 11-05-2014

Update: changing the addEeventListener from "beforeunload" to "onbeforeunload" fixed the issue on all download activity both in firefox and chrome. \o/

§
Posted: 17-06-2015

Yeah but that fix just means no page ever fades out!

It's a fiddly problem. I think often even the browser itself thinks it is going to leave the page, until it sees the content-type of the requested resource. So how can JS detect this situation?

Possibly we could just fade back in again after a few seconds. There would be no ideal duration for this delay (too low and it will unfade when its not needed), but at least we won't be left looking at a blank page forever!

§
Posted: 26-08-2015

I agree this is a BIG issue. It would be greatly appreciated if the creator to fix it.

LouCypherAuthor
§
Posted: 29-08-2015

The script license is WTFPL. As stated in the source code

You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License…

especially since I don't use it myself.

Sign in to post a reply.