Tabview Youtube

ทำให้ความคิดเห็นและรายการเป็นแท็บสำหรับวิดีโอ YouTube

< Feedback on Tabview Youtube

Question/comment

§
Posted: 03-07-2022

I have a small feature request, I don't know if it's possible but could you add a feature that disables the new irritating comments preview box?

§
Posted: 04-07-2022

Oh I'm terribly sorry I actually thought this was a Youtube integrated design (it's been so long since I've seen default Youtube layout), if it's part of your script then I apologize I didn't mean to offend. If this was intentional could you please add an option in the next update to disable this feature?

I think this is a fantastic userscript and I love that you diligently maintain it, but I must say what initially made me install this script was the prospect of not having to view Youtube comments unless I wished to.

§
Edited: 04-07-2022

This is not "created" by this script. When you use the same browser, same account, you shall also see it after disabling this userscript.

YouTube is doing similarly like Google (both under Alphabet) that giving new features to users gradually.
Seems YouTube soon will update the layout design by using this new feature (Teaser UI).
I am not sure what is the next step from YouTube. I just make it as it is without breaking the TabView layout.
Once it is confirmed will see what can do next.

If you really hate it, you might need to use AdBlock / Stylish to hide it.

https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/youtubes-moving-the-placement-of-video-comments-on-desktop/624325/
Seems all Mobile, Apps, Web will use this comment teaser feature.

§

I guess the original comment area will be removed and only the teaser comment will show.
When the user clicks the teaser comment, the comment list will appear.

Anyway I won't spend time to deal with the experimental feature. The script will update when such feature is adopted for all users.

§
Posted: 05-07-2022

Thank you for the quick response and suggestion. Youtube executives never cease to amaze me with their idiotic creative decisions. I'm doing everything I can to keep that website tolerable but they're doing everything in their power to make it unusable.

§
Posted: 05-07-2022

Using the element picker mode in ublock origin seems to have done the trick. Thank you!

Sign in to post a reply.