Greasy Fork is available in English.

Pre 2024 Youtube UI

Revert to old Youtube UI

< Feedback on Pre 2024 Youtube UI

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2024-02-26

I encountered a bug where the suggested video filters show up on top of the video when entering full-screen mode. I included a screenshot of what it looks like. Fixed it by adding this code to hide the problematic element when entering full-screen:

function callback() {
if (document.fullscreenElement) {
document.getElementById("chips-wrapper").style.visibility = "hidden";
} else {
document.getElementById("chips-wrapper").style.visibility = "visible";
}
}
document.addEventListener('fullscreenchange', callback);
document.addEventListener('webkitfullscreenchange', callback);

Additionally, sometimes the script doesn't seem to load or work for whatever reason. It's fixed by manually refreshing the page.

KartongFaceAuthor
§

I encountered a bug where the suggested video filters show up on top of the video when entering full-screen mode. I included a screenshot of what it looks like. Fixed it by adding this code to hide the problematic element when entering full-screen:

function callback() {
} else {
}
}

Additionally, sometimes the script doesn't seem to load or work for whatever reason. It's fixed by manually refreshing the page.

Thanks! Implement your code and fixed the issue when the scripts sometimes doesn't load.

§

function callback() {
} else {
}
}

Thanks! Implement your code and fixed the issue when the scripts sometimes doesn't load.

Thanks for the update (and for initially creating the script, the new UI was driving me insane.)

I believe the issue where the script doesn't load for me actually has to do with the fact that the @match is for *.youtube.com/watch* and not *.youtube.com/*. If I navigate to the youtube homepage (not a matched page), then click a video from there, the script doesn't run at all, as if it's not on a matched page. However if I directly go to a video URL without initially being on another youtube page, only then does it work. As I said before I fixed this by changing the match to the entire website and now everything seems to be working fine. Not sure if this issue is isolated to me or not.

KartongFaceAuthor
§
Posted: 2024-02-27

function callback() {
} else {
}
}

Thanks for the update (and for initially creating the script, the new UI was driving me insane.)

I believe the issue where the script doesn't load for me actually has to do with the fact that the @match is for *.youtube.com/watch* and not *.youtube.com/*. If I navigate to the youtube homepage (not a matched page), then click a video from there, the script doesn't run at all, as if it's not on a matched page. However if I directly go to a video URL without initially being on another youtube page, only then does it work. As I said before I fixed this by changing the match to the entire website and now everything seems to be working fine. Not sure if this issue is isolated to me or not.

For me occasionally the script doesn't load but mostly it does. I don't have your problem though, someone did say that the script doesn't work on Greasemonkey without changing the @match.
The fix I added to make sure the script is loaded worked for me. But youtube seem to have rolled back to the old layout at least for now.

Sign in to post a reply.