YouTube - Toggle videos buttons

Adds buttons to filter out videos by type and/or status. The toggles can be hidden/shown at any time by pressing the button added to the header.

< Feedback on YouTube - Toggle videos buttons

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2023-05-21

Works for me as advertised. I was using it hoping to remove clutter, but it replaces it with two huge red buttons. Is it possible to just always hide both and have no buttons? I don't want to toggle. I can always just temporarily disable the script on the off chance I don't want it.

I'll give it a shot blindly editing it myself. It's so well written, I might have a chance even not know the scripting language at all.

§
Posted: 2023-05-21

People requested the buttons, so I won't straight up remove them.
I have added an inconspicuous third button, which acts as a toggle for the other two.
You won't get any space back, as the empty container still renders.
But this is the best I could do in a rush.
Feel free to suggest any alternatives.

§
Posted: 2023-06-08

Alternatively, you can use the newly added "Hide watched videos" setting on my YouTube Customization UserCSS, which will do the same and be much more performant: https://github.com/jesuscc1993/user-css/tree/develop/youtube/youtube-customization.

§
Posted: 2023-06-13

I moved the toggle button to the header.
The rest of the buttons still show where they used to, but they no longer take up space when hidden.
I wasn't able to move them to the header since there isn't enough space available.

Sign in to post a reply.