YouTube Keyboard Shortcuts: like/dislike, backup/restore position, change speed, picture-in-picture…

Adds keyboard shortcuts [ and ] for liking and disliking videos, B and R to Back up and Restore position, H to use picture-in-picture, { and } to change playback speed.

< Feedback on YouTube Keyboard Shortcuts: like/dislike, backup/restore position, change speed, picture-in-picture…

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 24/11/2022

Thank you this works great!

(if anyone uses sponsorblock, the sponsorblock keyboard shortcuts conflict with these so just disable the keyboard shortcuts in the sponsorblock settings)

§
Posted: 23/11/2023

Thanks for the note about SponsorBlock! This is a great extension and I use it myself.

I can confirm that there is no longer a conflict, although there indeed was a conflict when you posted this. This lasted between July 2022 and January 2023 approximately.

You can see the current defaults for SponsorBlock shortcuts in their source code, they now use: enter, ctrl+enter, semicolon, single quote, and ctrl+arrow left/right. None of these are used by this script.

At the time you wrote this comment, the defaults looked like this and the [/] shortcuts from this script also triggered SponsorBlock's previous/next chapter. SponsorBlock added these new [/] shortcuts on July 9, 2022 and first mentioned them in version 5.0.2:

Improve next chapter and previous chapter keybind

The change was reverted in version 5.1.12, released on January 21, 2023:

Change next chapter keybind to be same as YouTube

Anyway, thanks again :-)

And if anyone using this script doesn't know about SponsorBlock, check it out! It makes YouTube so much better.

Sign in to post a reply.