Greasy Fork is available in English.

Youtube polymer engine fixes

Some fixes for Youtube polymer engine

< Feedback on Youtube polymer engine fixes

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 04/07/2024

General tab:

• If 'Hide "Guide" menu when page opens' is checked, the first time which users click the ☰ button won't do anything. It should reopen the menu instead of disabling it again.
  • In playlists of channel, "TRY LOAD MORE" button always show, even if there's no extra playlist to load or only few playlists. This results in clicking the button won't do anything.

Video tab:

• The option "Align resized player into it's container" should be within a group that includes above 2 of options on interface, or users won't realize its effect when both "Set player height" are default.
  • "Video description width" will cause the front page to be unable to adapt the browser's width if set any options beyond "default". In addition, setting the width below 1360px brings about the player's lower right buttons disappearing in 1080p resolution.

Channel tab:

• "Switch from channel's home page to..." will lock to setting's page even if users manually click the "Home" tab in channel's page. This option should only take effect on first time that users click the URL of channel.
BogudanAuthor
§
Posted: 06/07/2024

Outdated options

There are some options that seems outdated with current version of YT. I was thinking about removing them, but can't be sure that they are not applicable in general. I've too little test coverage for this.

• If 'Hide "Guide" menu when page opens' is checked, the first time which users click the ☰ button won't do anything. It should reopen the menu instead of disabling it again.

For past month with this option off I've not seen this menu being open by YT.

• In playlists of channel, "TRY LOAD MORE" button always show, even if there's no extra playlist to load or only few playlists. This results in clicking the button won't do anything.

This button was not working for me for more that an year.

Other points

• The option "Align resized player into it's container" should be within a group that includes above 2 of options on interface, or users won't realize its effect when both "Set player height" are default.

Not sure what you mean by that. This option does nothing if "Set player height" is "default". At least should...

• "Video description width" will cause the front page to be unable to adapt the browser's width if set any options beyond "default".

I will look into it.

• In addition, setting the width below 1360px brings about the player's lower right buttons disappearing in 1080p resolution.

Not sure if it's related to resolution or "Set player height" options. Second is expectable because if ou make page too thin, your browser will not display part of the player with it's controls. If it's the case, it's just incompatible settings. For example 720p height will usually have 1280px of width (16:9 aspect ratio, but i've seen up to 20:9). Page width (1360px) - right column (> 400px) < player width (1280px).

• "Switch from channel's home page to..." will lock to setting's page even if users manually click the "Home" tab in channel's page. This option should only take effect on first time that users click the URL of channel.

That's great idea :) Until you realise that it's impossible to implement this way because of some corner cases :( Also, this option works exactly as it's described: it switches from "Home" tab in channel page. Every time it's trying to be loaded.

§
Posted: 07/07/2024

For past month with this option off I've not seen this menu being open by YT.

I meant if turned this option on, the first time users clicked the ☰ button (Guide menu) wouldn't do anything (if without the script, it would close the menu first) because this option had closed the menu for users already, the first click ought to open the menu instead.

Not sure if it's related to resolution or "Set player height" options.

Both "Set player height" were default while testing above issues.

Not sure what you mean by that. This option does nothing if "Set player height" is "default". At least should...

BogudanAuthor
§
Posted: 07/07/2024

Both "Set player height" were default while testing above issues.

in this case it maybe because of minimal player width set through default CSS :(

I meant if turned this option on, the first time users clicked the ☰ button (Guide menu) wouldn't do anything (if without the script, it would close the menu first) because this option had closed the menu for users already, the first click ought to open the menu instead.

If ☰ button wouldn't do anything then it was not the script that closed menu in the first place, i.e. it was never opened.

Sign in to post a reply.