Greasy Fork is available in English.

Twitter Direct

Remove t.co tracking links from Twitter

< Feedback on Twitter Direct

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 04/07/2022
Edited: 04/07/2022

Hi chocolateboy this works I have a question, links before 2011 on Twitter you were able to click on them but when t.co came in they removed the links for old tweets (https://twitter.com/search?q=i%20liked%20a%20youtube%20video%20until%3A2010-09-06&src=typed_query&f=live) but never added t.co, so you can't click on them. I'm wondering is it possible to get links from 2011 and before to be able to click on them again with a script

chocolateboyAuthor
§
Posted: 06/07/2022

Interesting. Haven't seen these before!

I'm wondering is it possible to get links from 2011 and before to be able to click on them again with a script

It probably wouldn't be hard to implement, but it's out of scope for this script, which only operates on the underlying data (i.e. not in the UI). Plus, they're not t.co links :-)

You can use a userscript/addon which converts text URLs to links, e.g. Linkify Plus Plus (userscript, addon):

§
Posted: 07/07/2022

Hi thank you. I have a question in this script the links show as purple and have a line underneath them. How can I make the links show as the normal Twitter colour & remove the line, and also exclude all other websites just for this script to run on Twitter.

§
Posted: 07/07/2022

Hi this script won't work as you can't change the settings on them. So it stays purple with a line underneath links. Do you think you could make a new script for this :)

Sign in to post a reply.