Greasy Fork is available in English.

Bilibili Danmaku Translator

Add translations on streaming user comments(弾幕;danmaku) of bilibili, with the translation of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

< Feedback on Bilibili Danmaku Translator

Question/comment

Deleted user 700633
§
Posted: 02/11/2020

Love this script! Thanks very much. But I've noticed recently that it stops working after 90 minutes. So, if a video is longer than 90 minutes, it stops translating. Why is this?

§
Posted: 02/11/2020
Edited: 02/11/2020

Bilibili has replaced the original XML Danmaku with proto Danmaku, and the XML Danmaku was recently truncated from 90 minutes. Therefore, if the original API (XML) is used to obtain Danmaku data for translation, there is no content after 90 minutes.

knoaAuthor
§
Posted: 03/11/2020
Edited: 03/11/2020

Thanks klm for reporting and MotooriKashin for telling me the cause.
I understand it, am willing to research whether it can be fixed easily or not, and it could take sort of time. (I hope it isn't a big problem whereas there're not so much 90min+ videos, is it...?)

§

I agree. 90 min+ videos generally refer to the movie, I think.

Deleted user 700633
§

knoa and MotooriKashin

Thank you both for your replies. I like watching variety show specials which are often 3 hours+. I’ve never managed to watch a movie on Bilibili because they all seem to get deleted in the blink of an eye lol Anyway, it would be great if it could be fixed, (especially with the lockdown number 2 where I am with not much else to do other than watch videos lol) but I understand that it might be complicated and take a lot of work.

Sign in to post a reply.