Youtube - Restore Classic

If youtube is in the new 2017 YouTube Material Redesign, automatically restore classic view

< Feedback on Youtube - Restore Classic

Question/comment

§
Posted: 17/06/2020
Edited: 17/06/2020

Suddently not work right now

It suddently doesnot work right now! and I don't know why it has a different name as what it was yesterday. It was called YouTube Old Layout, but Restore Classic right now

CptmathixAuthor
§
Posted: 17/06/2020

Hey 1shoot100commies,

The Youtube Old Layout script used the exact same code as this script, so I reported it (it is against the rules of greasyfork). However that the users who installed that script automatically get my script after its removal... I don't really know why that happened. I definitely didn't ask for that to happen, maybe the other userscript author didn't remove my update url.

As for why the script suddenly stopped working, I don't really know. I've read a lot of articles and reddit threads but nothing that I can really use to fix this script.

Please read the description of this script, maybe the User-Agent trick works for you.

Sincerely, Cptmathix

§
Posted: 18/06/2020

New workaround available (tested as working)...

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/haaww0/howtogettheoldyoutubelayoutbackworking_on/

§

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/haaww0/howtogettheoldyoutubelayoutbackworking_on/

§

@Cptmathix said: The Youtube Old Layout script used the exact same code as this script, so I reported it (it is against the rules of greasyfork). However that the users who installed that script automatically get my script after its removal... I don't really know why that happened.

That script was a (100%?) direct copy of yours. When such trolls do that to original scripts, the moderators now redirect the fake url to the original. Poetic justice, isn't it! :D (I don't know if the member is banned or just warned against doing such again.)

BTW the UA spoofing is working for me. A lifesaver until the classic template is fully removed from Youtube's servers.

Deleted user 85863
§

Ο χρήστης @Cptmathix είπε: Hey 1shoot100commies,

The Youtube Old Layout script used the exact same code as this script, so I reported it (it is against the rules of greasyfork). However that the users who installed that script automatically get my script after its removal... I don't really know why that happened. I definitely didn't ask for that to happen, maybe the other userscript author didn't remove my update url.

As for why the script suddenly stopped working, I don't really know. I've read a lot of articles and reddit threads but nothing that I can really use to fix this script.

Please read the description of this script, maybe the User-Agent trick works for you.

Sincerely, Cptmathix

the workaround from your code has been gone.now works the above workaround.DESPITE THAT i want to THANK you for your support on the classic youtube!!!! im wishing you the best man.God bless you.

§
Posted: 20/06/2020
Edited: 20/06/2020

thanks> @TheKottontail 说道:

Thanks. it worked

Sign in to post a reply.