Youtube - Restore Classic

If youtube is in the new 2017 YouTube Material Redesign, automatically restore classic view

< Feedback on Youtube - Restore Classic

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 10/06/2020

Stopped working

Is it just me or the script stopped working today?

I love the script and it works great but it has stopped working suddenly today, I guess Youtube pushed an update?

CptmathixAuthor
§
Posted: 10/06/2020

Hey Jackie Lo,

It is probably the same issue as explained in this thread: https://greasyfork.org/en/forum/discussion/78416/x

Maybe try to remove all youtube cookies and look if the script starts working again.

Hopefully that works, Cptmathix

§
Posted: 15/06/2020

Having the same problem, in regards to the linked discussion I've found deleting the cookies only works while I'm logged out of YouTube.

If I delete them then refresh the page while logged in it loads the new layout, if I delete them then refresh the page while logged out it keeps the old layout. It's strange, though, because just a couple of hours ago it was working fine, then I brought up a video about half an hour ago and now as long as I'm logged in I'm forced into the new layout whether I delete cookies prior to loading up the video or not.

I've not changed anything between those two times, I can only imagine it must be something on their side. I've tried a dozen different videos and it's happened for each one so far. I certainly prefer to remain logged in.

Sign in to post a reply.