Netflix - subtitle downloader

Allows you to download subtitles from Netflix

< Feedback on Netflix - subtitle downloader

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 14/09/2024

Thanks for the script! I recommend adding an user-configurable delay that only applies to batch downloads. When downloading batches, the script will load Netflix pages too fast, causing the site to tell you to close your other devices that are watching Netflix and prevent you from loading more pages. I was able to avoid this by adding a five second delay between downloads.

§
Posted: 15/09/2024

Seems like a 2 sec delay was as short as I could make it without running into issues.

§
Posted: 15/09/2024

Try version 4.2.4. Haven't tested it because I don't have a Netflix sub, but the code should be fine.

§
Posted: 16/09/2024

Thanks! It does work fine.

§

Well, except that the delay value isn't saved after I close the window.

§

Then it must be something on your end. The delay is saved to a localStorage, just like every other setting. Maybe you set your browser to clean that up on exit?

§
Edited: 16/09/2024

idk for me the setting is technically saved since when I reopen the popup, the value shown is the same as what I set it to before. However, the delay appears to be set to nothing and doesn't apply when I reopen the window. (For clarity, this doesn't happen to the other settings like "languages to download".)

§

I'm looking at the code and honestly can't find the problem. I set the text in menu from the batchDelay variable, and the same variable is used for the sleep time. If it's set, it's set. You can open the browser console and paste this (on Netflix page): batchDelay = parseFloat(localStorage.getItem('NSD_batch-delay') || '0'); console.log(batchDelay, typeof batchDelay); What do you get in return?

§

I get the number I previously saved. Sorry for wasting your time, this issue appears to be caused by my vpn.

Sign in to post a reply.