Steet2Map (show the location of street view on Google Maps! / 將Google地圖的街景位置傳送至2D地圖上!)

[Google Map Street View] Show current street view location on the 2D map

< Обсуждения Steet2Map (show the location of street view on Google Maps! / 將Google地圖的街景位置傳送至2D地圖上!)

Отзыв: Хороший — скрипт работает как нужно

Deleted user 128
§
Создано: 16.12.2019
Отредактировано: 16.12.2019

Fantastic, really useful!

Steet2Map version 0.2 running flawlessly with ViolentMonkey 2.12.3 on Firefox 71.0

Given I access Google.com/maps and in English I just had to replace document.location.href = 'https://www.google.com.tw/maps/place/' + combine + '?hl=zh-TW'; with document.location.href = 'https://www.google.com/maps/place/' + combine + '?hl=en';

This is soooo... handy. I've so often faced the bother of not having my Google Street View position/location considered when returning to the map that this script is really pertinenent, welcomed.

ViolentMonkey toolbar button drop-down menu includes the active scripts and adds to_ Steet2map_ the 'Show on map' feature when on a Google Street View page : perfect!

Many thanks for this brilliant gem :=)

Thanks for your feedback! This script on GreasyFork only has totally 2 installations, and one of them, which is you left a review, lol (I own another script has 1000+ installations, without any review).

1. About the language problem, I designed this script for myself use, so I accidentally left the hl parameter zh-TW, I'll fix this after I reply this comment.
  2. Regard the usability on ViolentMonkey, did you mean it works well? (Sry my poor English reading). You mean it shows as _ Steet2map_ on the toolbar? I am not sure it's normal or not.. if you have any idea how to improve this, welcome to add my Discord (Dogkiller87#9588), I'm happy to listen!

thanks for your encouragement (the soooo.. handy part lol), it makes my day!

Deleted user 128
§
Создано: 20.12.2019
Отредактировано: 20.12.2019

Hi vungsung!

1- I mentioned the line I converted to EN standards (google maps & language) for newbies who'd miss this valuable script only for that reason: it's not a problem so to say!

2- Regarding the usability, yes, I did mean to emphasize on the easiness of this script when used with ViolentMonkey; I described the scheme because I hadn't perceived immediately how the script deployed with the toolbar even after reading the detailed info you provided (but English is not my mothertongue together with the fact that I'm an advanced newbie only so to say!)

What I meant is that I have ViolentMonkey's toolbar button and when the script is active (on Google Maps), clicking on ViolentMonkey's toolbar button deploys the button's menu and on that menu I have Steet2Map (with the on/off switch) then right under I have the Show on map item which, when clicked, opens Google maps at the current location of Google Street View. Just like in your script's user guide :

ViolentMonkey's toolbar button is not the original because I've changed it to one of my own!

NOTE : Show on map appears whenever on a Google Maps page, not only if i'm presently on a Google maps Street View page, but I guess this is normal and not at all a bother.

So everything is OK! About the only 2 users presently I guess this is due to the fact many have just missed your script ... or that the number of Google Street users is decreasing! Because, frankly, anyone using Google Street View has to consider your script as a must, really!

Keep up the excellent work!

Hello AnchorsAweigh!

HOW DIDN'T I SEE THE NOTIFY of GreasyFork in past days... I'm really grateful and respect for a user like you spending time on writing complete feedbacks & comments!!

So about the toolbar method, I'm still trying to integrate this script into Google Maps's built-in buttons or even add a new one. But I'm still an advanced noob of Javascript developing!

And about the URL match problem (shows toolbar button on Google Map, and sometimes doesn't show on Street View), I'm still trying to figure it out because the @match isn't working like a regex nor working good with wildcards(), so I decide using deprecated @include which barely works, but has the problem like showing Script applies to *com**(???) on GreasyFork, etc problems.

Also, Google web pages using pushState to change page, which causes the toolbar button showing problem.

I was very surprised there're no any extensions or userscripts that bring you back to the map from streetview, so I just made an extension for myself use (I didn't publish it to Google Web Extension Store cause you have to spend money to get a developer account), basically the extension version can make do the same thing with clicking on the extension icon.

Anyway if you need the extension version here's the GitHub: https://github.com/vungsung/Street2Map

Thank you for feedback!

Deleted user 128
§
Создано: 26.12.2019

Hello vungsung,

To make it short : no point in brain-stressing over your script, it's just fine. About the extension you mention, available on your GitHub repository, it's a Chrome .crx extension. I'm on Firefox (.xpi) and therefor unable to try/comment your Chrome extension (I don't have Chrome installed). But even, your script is far enough for me and I always prefer scripts to extensions when possible.

A most Happy New Year 2020 :=)

lol okay!

Happy New Year 2020 ~3

Ответить

Войдите, чтобы ответить.