Netflix - subtitle downloader

Allows you to download subtitles from Netflix

< Обсуждения Netflix - subtitle downloader

Вопрос/комментарий

§
Создано: 01.02.2020
Отредактировано: 01.02.2020

[bug ticket] The script sometimes downloads empty file

Like this. Retry only loads from cache; Only reopen the video and retry numerous times solves the issue. 3.0.10 Latest version. This behavior happens on both download one/batch download.

BTW, this is such a great addon that I'd even like to donate like 10$ 20$ or even 30$. Do you by any chance accept paypal donation? No pressure on script support, just wanna express my gratitude.

I'm a trilingual who lives in yet another country - that means the subtitle options on netflix is not enough for me sometimes.

With your addon, I surprisingly found out that Netflix did not georestrict the subs - they have only been hided. This is very useful to me, and is only possible because of your work.

Thank you!

It may be some error on Netflix side, not sure. Can't check it. [cc] means closed captions. I just tested an episode that had Japanese closed captions (just like on your screenshot) and they downloaded fine.

As for donation, there's a link in the description. ;)

I see the donation link now. xD My bad.

Firefox 72, tried combinations of GreaseMonkey/Tampermonkey, likely irrelevant.

I also tried v2.2.1, and both the batch download option and single download function worked flawlessly, everytime, without 0 size files (but in picture format, expected).

But somehow in 3.0.10, the issue appeared, and I can reproduce it reliably. As you can see, only some of the files failed to convert. They are all subtitles in picture format.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/81145702 https://www.netflix.com/watch/81088355 Problematic shows for you to test.

I have no idea how to debug js script, or provide meaningful log. Guides are appreciated, I'm willing to help maintaining this script!

Can't test the first show, it's geo-restricted. I downloaded all the subs from the second one an none was 0 bytes.

But I've got an idea what could be wrong (Netflix server issue) and how to fix it, will try to do it later today.

Try with 3.0.12

Tested multiple videos, and it's been fixed!

Thank you kind sir. : D

Ответить

Войдите, чтобы ответить.