Discuții » Parere despre Geasy Fork

Lots of posts in wrong forums - how to fix this?

woxxomMod
§
Postat în: 28-10-2014
Editat în: 28-10-2014

Lots of posts in wrong forums - how to fix this?

Today I've found that half of the posts in Script Development forum actually pertain to various scripts' feedback so I've provided a link to the corresponding script by flagging these messages. Apparently roughly the same goes for Greasy Fork Meta and Script Requests forums.

And why is that? Are the users so blind and stupid? I doubt that.

The reason is that the forum navigation is ambiguous, some things must be changed:

"New Discussion" page, three methods to solve the problem:

• It should not list the categories.
    Normal forum engines just put the new post into the currently shown forum.
    This list is one of the main reasons why so many feedback posts go to Script Development and Script Requests forums failing to reach the script authors.
  • Show a big notice instead of the category selector:
    To discuss an existing script go to its greasyfork page and click Feedback, then start a new discussion OTHERWISE YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED
  • Show the corresponding script as the first category option (or even the only option!) if the currently viewed page belongs to a script feedback. Obviously this is the best fix. Just add ?script=ID to the new discussion button url where ID=document.querySelector('.DiscussionAboutShowDiscussion a').href.replace(/^\D+/,'') or via php or anything, the idea is simple. Of course you'll have to add some code to the page php code.

Changes for forum categories panel on the left:

• All Categories - do we really need it? Just put its link into the "Categories" heading one line above.
  • Script discussions - the most popular category
  • Script creation requests - clearly indicate that it's NOT for requests to do something with scripts listed on greasyfork, the current "Script Requests" title definitely confuses the users, judging by the misplaced posts.
  • Development or Development/technical - remove the word "script" because currently many users definitely understand it as "script situation report" or "script evolution request"
  • Greasy Fork site feedback - remove "meta" because ordinary users don't know what it is and just post their script feedback there when in doubt.
§

Show the corresponding script as the first category option if the currently viewed page belongs to a script feedback.

If I'm on a script feedback page and start a new discussion, then there is no option to change the category for me.

+ for changes in the panel. Might clear things up.

woxxomMod
§

@Tobbe, I've edited the first post and added (or even the only option!) - if this is what you pointed out. You see, I'm not sure it should be the only option in this particular case for flexibility reasons.

woxxomMod
§

@JasonBarnabe, thanks for consideration! And what do you think about the best fix - "Just add ?script=ID to the new discussion button url" etc (apparently the issue#301) - can you do it?

Postează un raspuns

Autentifică-te pentru a posta un răspuns.