Title Manager

Manage page titles per (sub)domain. On any website, click Greasemonkey > User Script Commands > Title Manager's menu.

< Feedback em Title Manager

Avaliação: Bom - o script funciona

§
Publicado: 13/03/2014
Editado: 24/03/2014

Awesome + some!

grom,
is this the same script as the one you've sent me in us.o PM, if you remember, - 'phpBB forums - Shorter titles'? I mean, i can see it's not the same but it does the same thing, no?

§
Publicado: 13/03/2014
Editado: 13/03/2014

OK, Shift-T-M doesn't work for me but i can access options from the AM. What do i need to do to make it work on CB forum?
BTW, i'm using Scriptish. Could this be a reason why Shift-T-M/script doesn't work for me?

You know, the funny thing is soon after you sent me that phpBB script, a day or so, onemen fixed TMP forum tabs display! He sent me an email and i thought for a minute there it was Xmas, all those gifts pouring down!

gromAutor
§
Publicado: 14/03/2014
Editado: 14/03/2014

Shift-T-M should work regardless if it's GM or Scriptish. Have you tried reloading the page before pressing Shift-T-M? All three of them have to be pressed at the same time.

If you can invoke the Quick Menu with Shift-T-M, put this as domain:

custombuttons.sourceforge.net 

and this as "Search for":

regex:^[\w\s\.-]+• (View topic - |View forum - )? 

Then click "Add". With the latest version (uploaded today), you should see a small "Success!" message in the Quick Menu if adding was successful. This is what the menu looks like on this forum, with no styles enabled:
http://forum.userstyles.org/uploads/FileUpload/8b/0c2bbc500c7999f3808e18bf992afa.png

§

Nope, nothing happens when i press Shift-T-M. And, as i understand, you've added CBforum as default in the latest version? It doesn't seem to work either:

And this is with the 'shortener' script active:

I'm using Fx28b9 and the latest Scriptish 0.1.11

§

OK, i get the quick edit in a 'cleaner' profile but i don't understand the instructions. Whatever i did didn't work.
It's all right, don't bother. All i need is the CB forum, the rest either looks well already or i renamed it with TMP. So the 'Shortener' script will do. Thanks!

EDIT: about the instructions. I can see you tried your best and instructions are good for those who know what they're doing. That's not me though. I can't figure what i need to do, what to paste where, etc. Maybe try again? All i want is to cut out the first portion, as you know, the 'Custom Buttons forum' part, that's all.

§

OK, the conflict is with the Addblock! Maybe you need to change the way you open options.

gromAutor
§
OK, the conflict is with the Addblock! Maybe you need to change the way you open options.

Nice troubleshooting! :D I also have AdBlock Plus, but I experience no collision. Hotkeys can be changed. I assumed that Shift-T-M was not already taken by anything else, as it is a little strange combination.

Anyhow, when you get the quick menu at the bottom to display, try opening it on CB forum. As you open the menu on the CB forum, In the input field marked "Search for", leave only the text

Custom Buttons • 

and click "Add".
If the text above turns into "Success!", all is good.

As you've said, the good thing is you already have that shortener script for CB. ;)

Back to conflict with AdBlock... Is it this ad block extension or some other one?
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/?src=search
Does the hotkey open anything, or does simply nothing happen?
Do you have a suggestion for a different hotkey?

None of these questions are time critical, I'd just like to know when you get the time. I'm heading out now, it's a very nice and warm eve over here. Talk to you later, cheers. ;)

§

Yeap, that's the ADP i have with whatever list comes with it, i've never downloaded anything else and never added a thing to it. Just installed and forgot about it, i'm not that picky. So, when ADP is enabled, nothing happens anywhere when i do the hand exercise (it is, you know, not an easy combo, especially if you've passed your prime time ). If i disable ADP, i get the popup on any site.
I will uninstall it now, clean about:config if there's anything, reinstall and try again.

§

OK, i did what you said above and now i have 'View forum - bla...:

BTW, at first, i couldn't get the popup again and disabled ADP for CBforum to get it. When it showed up, i enabled ADP again, the popup remained. And now it works on any site ... Weird, uh?

And another thing is odd. My fav style works on the main index page now only:

§
Publicado: 15/03/2014
Editado: 15/03/2014

grom,
how can i undo it w/out reinstalling the script?

EDIT: NM. i reset it in about:config and then added 'Custom Buttons ● View forum -' and it works now. However, as soon as i did that, my style for the fav broke again! So, i guess i'll have to use the phpBB script, no problems with that one. Thank you!

gromAutor
§
Editado: 15/03/2014
BTW, at first, i couldn't get the popup again and disabled ADP for CBforum to get it. When it showed up, i enabled ADP again, the popup remained. And now it works on any site ... Weird, uh?

Yea, it is . :) I'm glad that the menu started working, whatever the issue was. I'm going to change the hotkey in the next version, not sure yet what it's going to be.

OK, i did what you said above and now i have 'View forum - bla...

Yes, that was more or less just to see if we can get it working.
phpBB forums require a regex, so they can optionally also remove those "View forum - " or "View topic - " if they exist. To have the same title replacement that the "phpBB - Shorter titles" script does, you would have to have this in the "Search for" field:

regex:^[\w\s\.-]+• (View topic - |View forum - )?

And another thing is odd. My fav style works on the main index page now only

Sorry about that. It's just that the "phpBB - Shorter titles" was custom made for you, so I made it add your favicon to CB forums. If you disable the "shorter titles" script, that adding of your favicon is also disabled.

grom,
how can i undo it w/out reinstalling the script?

EDIT: NM. i reset it in about:config [...]

Yes, that is one way. :D Though only Scriptish stores them in about:config. You couldn't do that with Greasemonkey...
There are also two more ways:
1) To remove a rule you already have, open the Quick Menu (Shift-T-M), click "View and manage all title rules", find the rule you wish to remove and click the Remove button next to it.
2) To modify/update a rule you already have, open the Quick Menu (Shift-T-M) and just enter new values. After clicking "Add", it will automatically update your old rule.

However, as soon as i did that, my style for the fav broke again! So, i guess i'll have to use the phpBB script, no problems with that one. Thank you!

Yea, if it is not a problem, just leave that script to insert favicon. You are welcome ;)

§

No, my style works when this scripts are disabled. When i enable the Title script, it stops working. (Actually, i've seen a weird case when it still worked on one tab - the CB index page! but none other. But this is getting too confusing).
So, something in the Title script breaks my fav style (to which i've added a truck load of selectors already ... 'just in case'). It's all right though. All i need is the CB and phpBB script is fine for me.

Thanks for the explanation(-s). Might want to post it in the script description. If i have a question, somebody else does too, that's my 'rule' on TMP forum.

gromAutor
§
Publicado: 17/03/2014

Ah. I can explain. This style, correct?
http://userstyles.org/styles/49816/custom-buttons-forum-favicon

Style depends on the label, and tab's label is the title.

.tabbrowser-tab[label*="Custom Buttons"]:not([label^="Custom_Buttons"]) ...
.tabbrowser-tab[label="CB"] ...

It means .tabbrowser-tab if the title contains "Custom Buttons" (but not "Custom_Buttons"), or if the title is exactly "CB".

So the userstyle works based on tab titles, and both these scripts (phpBB and Title Manager) change those titles.
However, phpBB script is coded to attach a real favicon to CB forum, no userstyle ever required.
Title Manager is not.
That is why the phpBB script will shorten titles and still show your favorite favicon, even if you disable your style. :)

I hope this explanation was clear enough.

Thanks for the explanation(-s). Might want to post it in the script description. If i have a question, somebody else does too, that's my 'rule' on TMP forum.

Added, thanks.

§
Publicado: 17/03/2014
Editado: 17/03/2014

Yeah, i forgot about changed titles... Thanks!
It's a great script and i'm sure it will get its fans when they'll find out about the site. Good Luck!

Publicar resposta

Faça o login para publicar uma resposta.