Greasy Fork is available in English.

Unedit and Undelete for Reddit

Creates the option next to edited and deleted Reddit comments/posts to show the original comment from before it was edited

< Opinie na Unedit and Undelete for Reddit

Ocena: Dobry - skrypt działa

§
Napisano: 15-04-2023

The show original function no longer seems to be working for anything but the original post. It doesn't even show the option to show original for any comments, including ones that I know are edited. I can see the original version if I check it in unddit. The problem happens in both old and new reddit.

Is anyone else having this issue.

Thanks!

§
Napisano: 15-04-2023

It's too late to edit, but I did want to add something that I noticed. It seems to display show original for comments that have been deleted, just not for edited comments. Weird.

§
Napisano: 16-04-2023

For me, it seems to still be working as intended. The show original link shows up anywhere in the Reddit UI where it says a comment was edited or deleted (on Redesign it says it in italics, and on Old Reddit it shows an asterisk), note that for comments that were edited within 3 minutes of being posted, Reddit does not show it as edited, so the extension has no way of knowing if it has been edited unless the data for every comment was fetched from Pushshift which would be slow, inefficient, and only help in a small percent of useful cases that it's probably not worth implementing.

§
Napisano: 16-04-2023

Weird. It seems to be back to working today, albeit, quite slow to fetch. So, maybe there was a glitch on reddit or something, and maybe something else is still going on. Either way, it's clear that it's not your script at fault in any way. Thanks!

Odpowiedz

Zaloguj się, by odpowiedzieć.