Google search "old style"

Change style in google search results page to look like the old design

< Opinie na Google search "old style"

Pytanie/komentarz

§
Napisano: 25-02-2023

Can 'Continuous Scrolling' be disabled?

I wonder if this function is a cookie setting... If so, can it be added as an option? Would definitely bring us back to pre-2023

AchernarAutor
§
Napisano: 26-02-2023

I've already looked at it.

There is an option in the "search settings" to disable "Continuous Scrolling", but unfortunately it's ignore for most of us. It's a known bug acknowledged by the devs, from what I could find with a quick search.

What work is to select another country under "Region Settings". Anything except US works. But then you can lose any regional results. (That's why I have 4 google TLDs configured with different regions and languages. 2 in english & 2 in french).

Another solution is to switch the language under "Languages" to anything other than english. Then, below, under "Currently showing search results in:" click "Edit" and add "english" again to get the same kind of results.

I'm unable to test without cookies since by default I'm not localized as in the US. And the proxies I've tested are unreliable or blocked by google.

§
Napisano: 03-03-2023

Thanks for the followup.

Google is notoriously (and purposely) slow in fixing bugs, so it's 'wait & see' til then.

There are a few scripts that can auto-change Google's TLD - I'll look into those.

Odpowiedz

Zaloguj się, by odpowiedzieć.