Greasy Fork is available in English.

Neverwinter gateway - Profession Automation

Automatically selects professions for empty slots

< Feedback on Neverwinter gateway - Profession Automation

Question/comment

§
Posted: 04.07.2015

script having trouble selecting assets

im guessing this is a gateway bug, but sometimes when the scipt or me wants to start a new task the asset slot is either empty or filled, but the gameway thinks it is empty and you have to manually select the asset to be able to run the task

Rotten_mindAuthor
§
Posted: 04.07.2015

I think I have seen that happening and it ends that script skip task and take next one, but not sure.

§
Posted: 05.07.2015

for me script gets stuck in endless loop trying to select a task and being unable to, could be because i set all the same tasks, but still

Rotten_mindAuthor
§
for me script gets stuck in endless loop trying to select a task and being unable to, could be because i set all the same tasks, but still

How you set "all same task" and got loop?

If I can reproduce it then it can be avoided or try do FIX.

§

I set a char to do only "Artificing_Tier1_Gather_Basic" because i need resources, and what i see is - script tries to set that task, but since it cannot start it it tries over and over, at least that is what i see, maybe it tries to set task for next slot but i never let it run too long. I can leave it to see if it will eventually?

§
Posted: 06.07.2015

update: just left it running for a couple of mins stuck on such a loop and it didnt fix itself :(

§
Posted: 06.07.2015

I was getting the same issue with Artificing. It was stuck in a loop trying to select a task of gather resource. I noted that the Artificing section defaults to Tier1 gather for artificing for all levels and doesn't scale up to Tier 2 and Tier 3. I modified to include Tier 2 & 3 gather tasks:

taskName: "Artificing",
level: {
0: ["Artificing_Tier0_Intro_1"],
1: ["Artificing_Tier1_Pactblade_Convergence_1", "Artificing_Tier1_Symbol_Virtuous_1", "Artificing_Tier1_Gather_Basic"],
2: ["Artificing_Tier1_Pactblade_Convergence_1", "Artificing_Tier1_Icon_Virtuous_1", "Artificing_Tier1_Gather_Basic"],
3: ["Artificing_Tier1_Pactblade_Convergence_1", "Artificing_Tier1_Icon_Virtuous_1", "Artificing_Tier1_Gather_Basic"],
4: ["Artificing_Tier1_Pactblade_Convergence_2", "Artificing_Tier1_Icon_Virtuous_2", "Artificing_Tier1_Gather_Basic"],
5: ["Artificing_Tier1_Pactblade_Convergence_2", "Artificing_Tier1_Icon_Virtuous_2", "Artificing_Tier1_Gather_Basic"],
6: ["Artificing_Tier1_Pactblade_Convergence_2", "Artificing_Tier1_Icon_Virtuous_2", "Artificing_Tier1_Gather_Basic"],
7: ["Artificing_Tier2_Pactblade_Temptation_3", "Artificing_Tier1_Icon_Virtuous_2", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Gather_Basic"],
8: ["Artificing_Tier2_Pactblade_Temptation_3", "Artificing_Tier1_Icon_Virtuous_2", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Gather_Basic"],
9: ["Artificing_Tier2_Pactblade_Temptation_3", "Artificing_Tier1_Icon_Virtuous_2", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Gather_Basic"],
10: ["Artificing_Tier2_Pactblade_Temptation_3", "Artificing_Tier1_Icon_Virtuous_2", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Gather_Basic"],
11: ["Artificing_Tier2_Pactblade_Temptation_3", "Artificing_Tier1_Icon_Virtuous_2", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Gather_Basic"],
12: ["Artificing_Tier2_Pactblade_Temptation_3", "Artificing_Tier1_Icon_Virtuous_2", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Gather_Basic"],
13: ["Artificing_Tier2_Pactblade_Temptation_3", "Artificing_Tier1_Icon_Virtuous_2", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Gather_Basic"],
14: ["Artificing_Tier3_Pactblade_Temptation_4", "Artificing_Tier3_Icon_Virtuous_4", "Artificing_Tier3_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier3_Gather_Basic"],
15: ["Artificing_Tier3_Pactblade_Temptation_4", "Artificing_Tier3_Icon_Virtuous_4", "Artificing_Tier3_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier3_Gather_Basic"],
16: ["Artificing_Tier3_Pactblade_Temptation_4", "Artificing_Tier3_Icon_Virtuous_4", "Artificing_Tier3_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier3_Gather_Basic"],
17: ["Artificing_Tier3_Pactblade_Temptation_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Icon_Virtuous_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier3_Gather_Basic"],
18: ["Artificing_Tier3_Pactblade_Temptation_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Icon_Virtuous_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier3_Gather_Basic"],
19: ["Artificing_Tier3_Pactblade_Temptation_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Icon_Virtuous_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier3_Gather_Basic"],
20: ["Artificing_Tier3_Pactblade_Temptation_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Icon_Virtuous_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier3_Gather_Basic"],
21 : ["Artificing_Tier3_Pactblade_Temptation_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Icon_Virtuous_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier3_Gather_Basic"],
22 : ["Artificing_Tier3_Pactblade_Temptation_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Icon_Virtuous_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier3_Gather_Basic"],
23 : ["Artificing_Tier3_Pactblade_Temptation_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Icon_Virtuous_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier3_Gather_Basic"],
24 : ["Artificing_Tier3_Pactblade_Temptation_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Icon_Virtuous_5", "Artificing_Tier3_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic", "Artificing_Tier3_Gather_Basic"],
25 :["Artificing_Tier2_Refine_Basic"],

§
Posted: 07.07.2015
Edited: 07.07.2015

I set a char to do only "ArtificingTier1Gather_Basic" because i need resources, and what i see is - script tries to set that task, but since it cannot start it it tries over and over, at least that is what i see, maybe it tries to set task for next slot but i never let it run too long. I can leave it to see if it will eventually?

If the only task in the task list is "ArtificingTier1GatherBasic" and you want to do this with more than 3 slots, than the problem most probably is, that it is impossible, since most tasks have a concurrency limit of 3, meaning that after you have 3 of the same task running the task is not available anymore until one of them is finished. So for example if your char has 6 slots open and you've set all of your slots to do artificing and the only task in your task list is "ArtificingTier1GatherBasic", then it start 3 of them and when it wants to start the 4th one, it can't because the task is not available, but since it has no alternative, it tries it once again, and so on and it gets stuck trying to fill your 4th slot with a task that is not available and cannot be started.

This is just theory, it needs investigation, but if it turns out to be the cause, the script needs to be modified to check if a task can be started and if not, and there's no alternative, just skip the rest of the slots.

§

I set a char to do only "Artificing_Tier1_Gather_Basic" because i need resources, and what i see is - script tries to set that task, but since it cannot start it it tries over and over, at least that is what i see, maybe it tries to set task for next slot but i never let it run too long. I can leave it to see if it will eventually?

If the only task in the task list is "Artificing_Tier1_Gather_Basic" and you want to do this with more than 3 slots, than the problem most probably is, that it is impossible, since most tasks have a concurrency limit of 3, meaning that after you have 3 of the same task running the task is not available anymore until one of them is finished. So for example if your char has 6 slots open and you've set all of your slots to do artificing and the only task in your task list is "Artificing_Tier1_Gather_Basic", then it start 3 of them and when it wants to start the 4th one, it can't because the task is not available, but since it has no alternative, it tries it once again, and so on and it gets stuck trying to fill your 4th slot with a task that is not available and cannot be started.

This is just theory, it needs investigation, but if it turns out to be the cause, the script needs to be modified to check if a task can be started and if not, and there's no alternative, just skip the rest of the slots.

I think only Leadership has a 3 concurrent task limit, I know for a fact you can stack however much basic gathering for artificing you want

§
I was getting the same issue with Artificing. It was stuck in a loop trying to select a task of gather resource. I noted that the Artificing section defaults to Tier1 gather for artificing for all levels and doesn't scale up to Tier 2 and Tier 3. I modified to include Tier 2 & 3 gather tasks:

but i only need tier 1 gathering task :(

§
Posted: 09.07.2015
Edited: 09.07.2015

It does get stuck sometimes. I had situations when script looped itself trying to start a task (and failing) even if all requirements were met.
And as for the gathering tasks, Holly's right...these are not capped at 3 per char. There can be 9 running at the same time granted all slots are available.

§
Posted: 17.07.2015

Rotten_Mind, I have a solution! Simply make the script manually select an asset when starting a task (prioritizing best asset) this will fix problem

Sign in to post a reply.