Disney+ Audio Downloader

Download audio from Disney+

< Feedback on Disney+ Audio Downloader

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 03.07.2022

TL;DR Are our Disney+ accounts safe by using this tool? Is audio allowed to be downloaded?

Hey, thanks for the extremely useful tool! I'm downloading audio for the purpose of passive listening for language learning, and it's been working great for me!

The only thing that worries me is DRM and CDM protections regarding the download of audio from Disney+.

I've been doing some research, and I've heard of accounts that get banned for downloading content from Disney+ and Netflix.

It seems our accounts are not at risk for just downloading subtitles and audio, but I'd like to learn more about this... (even if it's just anecdotal)

Audio and subs are Okay, videos is not, right?

I was reading some other posts here, and the only mention of this was after someone requested a way to download video... and this was the reply:

No this is not possible, there is a DRM on the video

From this other post

So I'm just looking for reassurance to keep using this awesome tool. While making sure there isn't a risk of getting my account or IP address banned by Disney+

Appreciate any help on this! thanks a lot!

§
Posted: 19.07.2022
Edited: 19.07.2022

I don't know anything about the account bans, but the author said video is not possible because there's no publicly known way to crack the DRM on the video. All the piracy groups keep their DRM cracks a secret to delay Disney+ and the other streaming services from patching them.

There's no DRM on the audio though, which is why this extension is able to work. It just downloads and assembles the chunks for the audio files that the episode is already split into.

It's the same way with Netflix as well. It's honestly kind of suprising that they don't bother with DRM for the audio to be honest.

I haven't used this extension extensively, but FWIW, I haven't gotten banned after using it off and on over the last 3 months or so.

§
Posted: 19.07.2022

Hey @SwimyGreen thanks for your reply. That makes sense, and appreciate your reassurance. I've been using the script for a couple of weeks and so far so good.

Would be interested to know if other's have had any issues with their account. However, like you say it's helpful to know audio is not protected by DRM. Thankfully in my case I only need audio

Thanks again

Sign in to post a reply.