Greasy Fork is available in English.

Manga Loader (unmaintained)

Support for over 70 sites! Loads manga chapter into one page in a long strip format, supports switching chapters, minimal script with no dependencies, easy to implement new sites, loads quickly and works on mobile devices through bookmarklet

< Manga Loader (unmaintained) 피드백

리뷰: 좋음 - 잘 동작함

§
작성: 2014-09-25
수정: 2014-09-25

Load less pages

Would it be possible to have the script load less pages at once on g.e/exhentai? Most of the times I end up with a lot of broken/partially loaded images, more obvious on cg galeries with pngs and high res images.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for this script, works really well and is a big time saver.

Deleted user 5816
§
작성: 2014-10-05

This happens due to the way the distributed image hosting system of exhentai works. Since every image comes from a different host (essentially users all around the word), browser limits for maximum connections per domain do not apply.

What happens when loading a 200 page manga is effectively a DDoS of your internet connection, as 200 images are fetched at the same time. The author should program a workaround for such cases.

fuzetsu개발자
§
작성: 2014-10-07
수정: 2014-10-07

Hmm, I was worried this might be an issue when I was making the script, but I didn't have any issues during testing, even with really big galleries. I get the feeling that this is something caused by download/upload speed (either on the client or server), probably causing the download of the images to time out. I'll see about adding an option to limit the number of images loaded at one time, I can see it being useful.

The script isn't quite requesting every image at the same time, since it goes through the html of each page to find the next image it does that part sequentially. Images are naturally much bigger than html though so you can have 10 pages of html loaded before the first image even appears.

fuzetsu개발자
§
작성: 2014-10-07

Well, it's done. Just added an option to load 10 pages at a time in v1.3.0, info is on the userscript page.

If you enable the option 10 images will be loaded and the userscript will wait for you to scroll down before loading more. I tried implementing this feature in a way that didn't really change the way the userscript worked or get in the way of the user, so basically you won't notice anything different except that the scrollbar jumps gets smaller as you scroll and more images are loaded. You can open the javascript console (with F12) to see some logs I threw in for testing, it'll tell you when it starts loading more images and when it's waiting for you to scroll.

I've tested it a bit but let me know if you encounter any issues with it.

Deleted user 5816
§
작성: 2014-10-08
수정: 2014-10-08

Cursory testing shows it works fine. As an added bonus, when not reading the entire chapter/book you don't load unneeded pages. It's more polite towards the site operator and in cases like ExH you hit your page limit a lot later and don't get those dreaded 502 error images.

Edit: FWIW I'm on a 15.5/1 Mbps ADSL2 connection.

fuzetsu개발자
§

Yeah, to be honest loading using this method seems like a more sensible default. It's more considerate to hosting site's servers, and certainly handy for longer chapters. I might enable it by default in later versions. Maybe add an option to customize how many pages to load.

I'm on 30/15 Mbps Cable here. But like you said the issue with g.e/ExH is most likely due to the distributed image hosting they use, seems like the servers are either slower than average or their speed is capped so that they aren't abused. Although they seem to host fairly high quality scans as well, meaning slower downloading (something also observable on high quality sites like batoto).

§

Just noticed the update, thank you very much for it!
I tried the option with a gallery that gave me problems in the past, and it now works perfectly.

I'm on a 6/6 Mbps connection so yeah, the connection it's probably part of it.

댓글 남기기

댓글을 남기려면 로그인하세요.