Greasy Fork is available in English.

YoutubeDL

Download youtube videos at the comfort of your browser.

< YoutubeDL 피드백

질문/댓글

§
작성: 2024-02-16

I'm curious, given youtube-dl will download videos from nearly any website and isn't limited to its namesake's platform, how feasible is it to adjust your script to similarly accommodate video downloads from any website (mirroring ytdl's respective capabilities, anyway)?

Also, still just spit-balling but for file hosters that tend to provide the entirety of a folder's contents on one long page (but which can only be downloaded one by one, painstakingly and only after clicking on each individually, requiring navigation away from the main page; you probably see where I'm going... Feasibility of handling such bulk/batch downloads?

realcoloride개발자
§
작성: 2024-03-11

Hello, and sorry for the late response.

youtube-dl has a constant list of download handlers that have their own downloading logic that do everything according to the website using a certain regex combination. YoutubeDL uses various downloading websites to fetch the content.

While feasible, it requires that I make a user interface that corresponds to all the website providers, or ONE interface that rules them all, on the premise I can run youtube-dl, however, as you know it is a python script and running it on a browser is almost impossible. +youtube-dl doesnt require any user interface other than the command line interpreter. YoutubeDL (and TwitterDL) have a distance user interface made from scratch made to connect with YouTube smoothly.

Cheers,
Coloride

댓글 남기기

댓글을 남기려면 로그인하세요.