Telegram Web - Allow Saving Content

Bypass Telegram's saving content restrictions for media and text; batch download media from selected messages

< Valutazione su Telegram Web - Allow Saving Content

Recensione: Bene - lo script funziona

§
Pubblicato: 01/02/2024

Suggestion to add a feature:
everything is working fine just one thing if possible for you to do!!
The files are getting downloaded with random name(maybe the name of file which is uploaded to telegram is getting extracted)
If possible add a feature to maybe download with the title of the video(text written with the video itself) as its name it's helpful in cases where the videos are uploaded according to their name on group.
Thank you.

[Screenshots below for explanation]

c0d3rAutore
§
Pubblicato: 02/02/2024

Hi there, thanks for the reviews!

While I understand that such feature might be useful, currently the script uses a native Telegram WebK function downloadToDisc that doesn't accept a file name as an argument (same for DownloadMediaOptions).

It means that I'd have to rewrite it in the script, and with each Telegram update I'd need to check for changes and sync them accordingly. Another question is, what text should be used as a file name in this case. What if media description has several paragraphs? Should only the first sentence be used then? Anyway, it kinda adds some unnecessary complexity, in my opinion. Plus I'd have to add some settings so people could disable this feature.

The fact that original filenames are preserved on download is one of the reasons I decided to make this script in the first place :D I didn't like that Telegram Media Downloader generated them randomly. And it also didn't use the native download function which made the code bulkier and less reliable.

P.S. To make things easier maybe you could disable auto-saving of files in your browser so it asks for the file name and location each time.

§
Pubblicato: 03/02/2024

No worries at all. I understand it’ll increase complexities and work for you to change it with every update. I’ll save the names myself.
Just one more thing to ask is that the speed of downloads is reduced after few GBs of data gets downloaded. Like after 30 GB of data my speed reduced to 1 mb/s from 10 mb/s. Idk if it’s because of telegram servers limits the speed on an ip after some time or what happens. I tried cloudfare warp to download again but the speed remains reduced. Maybe you can check if there’s something possible for it :)
And thank you for this great script

c0d3rAutore
§

I thought about it after reading your previous review and it must be just normal Telegram behavior. You'll probably see a drop in speed even after downloading non-restricted videos from Telegram Web. So technically there's nothing I can do with a script.

Also maybe it's your ISP that cuts down the speed after you reach some daily traffic quota? I know some mobile operators that provide such plans in my country.

§

Actually no, there's no limit on my side since i am using a Wifi. Also it gives full speed while i download any big file(More than 100 GB) from megabasterd(software to download from Mega) and Google Drive.
So idk why the speed reduces in downloading from telegram this way. I even tried different browsers to make sure if it's not happening due to my browser but still the problem remains the same.

Pubblica risposta

Accedi per pubblicare una risposta.