Greasy Fork is available in English.

Enhanced word highlight

在搜索引擎和任意网页获得增强的高亮!

< Feedback on Enhanced word highlight

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 03 Januari 2024

OMFG!!! How did I live without this script for so long. Amazing work. Thank you!

hzhbestPembuat
§
Posted: 04 Januari 2024

Thank you for your appreciation!

§
Posted: 04 Januari 2024

I hope you might answer a question (and it's perfectly fine if you're too busy). I've spent an hour or so trying to add one minor modification to script. I would like it to always start up with the "Toggle all keywords highlight" active (meaning the "O" button is selected by default). I found the "function command_off()" at line #1527 and the variable "ewh_disable" but I can't figure out how to get the script to start with this as the default. So far, I haven't been able to find where this value is initialized at start up. Could you please tell me how to do this?

Thanks! I still LOVE this script!

hzhbestPembuat
§
Posted: 05 Januari 2024

Do you mean on a webpage that can be auto-highlighted by Ewh, you want the highlight panel and the highlight keywords to be shown but no highlighting would be done on the page content?

§
Posted: 05 Januari 2024

Yes, exactly! The panel would show but the "O" button would already be active (yellow), meaning the keywords would be unchecked and unhighlighted until I click on the "O" button to active all of them or click on a keyword's checkbox to highlight it individually.

The reason I want to do this is to have the page results clear (eg unhighlighted) by default but have the panel ready to be used when needed. I also find the count info for each term quite useful.

hzhbestPembuat
§
Posted: 06 Januari 2024

I have implemented the function you want. But it should be noticed that the count number of a keyword will not be shown when it is not highlighted. Because the count number is generated by counting the existing highlighted nodes. Without highlighted nodes, the number would be zero or "out-dated".

§
Posted: 07 Januari 2024

Thank you so much! It works perfectly and you are very kind to do it so quickly!

Sign in to post a reply.