Spotify Downloader - Download Spotify songs, playlists, and albums

Downloads Spotify songs, playlists, and albums as 320kbps MP3. Can also download full playlist or album as ZIP.

< Feedback on Spotify Downloader - Download Spotify songs, playlists, and albums

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2022.06.24.

This is fantastic. Thanks so much. There is nothing like this!. I highly appreciate your amazing work.

However it is limited to 100 or less songs at a time, making it a bit tedious for long lists. I think this should be prominently pointed out to the users, or did I miss something?.

The big problem is that sometimes it stops, and I dont know where. The Mb counter sometimes freezes at any point for hours and hours - indicating its never going to continue. It can be anywhere in the process, but does not tel you where. With one list, it stopped after just a few MB, so I took the song list and deleted to first 3 songs (at random), and started again, then it worked fine. So clearly it stops on occasional specific tracks. If it told me which one was blocking it I could delete and start again, but it does not. The problem is that it might have already got say 90 tracks and 800 MB (eg right now it says "471.33MB of 894.4MB" but has been stuck there for 12 hours, I just have to cancel), but I cant even get the partial file that its done so far, so I just have to lose it all. I have run about 40 downloads now, and this occurs about 15 or so times, so its not unusual occurrence. (Windows 7, Chrome, all updates, lots of extensions).

At the start of the download, it might tell me something like there are 100 songs, 1 failed. But this failure list seems unrelated to the above problem (and it does not say WHICH songs failed). Even if no failures are listed, it can still stop, while some lists with 1 or 2 failures can still work. So I think the problem may not be due to that.

§
Posted: 2022.06.24.

Oops, I said "At the start of the download, it might tell me something like there are 100 songs, 1 failed. But this failure list seems unrelated to the above problem (and it does not say WHICH songs failed)"

I was wrong, it does list those specific track failures that display at the start. Going back to spotify and deleting that track, before starting again, does not solve the blocking problem for me. In fact, the failed track was not even in my playlist, while a track with a similar name, but exactly the same, was there in my playlist. I deleted it anyway. On running again, it still freezes, but at a seemingly different point (531.58MB of 887.07MB).

§
Posted: 2022.10.14.

Yes, limited to <= 100 songs.
I tried this playlist https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1VDEf4vANEPRlrXVken86a?si=215dab1248714920 then it returned only 100 songs.

Sign in to post a reply.