GOTA Extender

Game of Thrones Ascent Extender

< Feedback on GOTA Extender

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2014.09.21.
Edited: 2014.10.28.

Game of Thrones Extender

hi - cannot get the script to work - there is no menu to access to set things up - also when i type in Game of Thrones Ascent for help - i get directed to the KOC script help. HELP PLEASE! What am I doing wrong?

§
Posted: 2014.10.29.

Where are you typing Game of Thrones Ascent to get help? I don't know why this doesn't work for you and my best guess will be to follow these steps, providing info in between step completion.

1. Remove the script. On the greasemonkey integrated icon select Manage User scripts. Locate the GOTA Extender and click remove. For tampermonkey you'll have to go to the Dashboard. There you will see the script listed, click on the trash icon to the right.

2. Verify that the script is removed. You should skip this step if you're using tampermonkey.
Navigate to the following folder: C:\Users\(Your computer user name)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(Random generated folder name)\gm_scripts ;
If there are files such as GOTA_Extender .db , .db-shm , .db-wal or a folder named GOTA_Extender - delete all of them.

3. Reinstall the script from the home page https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/3788-gota-extender ;

4. Ensure the script is installed. Go to the dashboard of the respective plugin you are using (either greasemonkey or tampermonkey) and verify that the script is listed there. For greasemonkey you can double check that the folder exist on the above mentioned path. Note that on a fresh install (before you navigated in your browser to either http://gota.disruptorbeam.com/ or http://gota-www.disruptorbeam.com/) only the folder GOTA_Extender should be present with a single file in the folder GOTA_Extender.user.js ;

5. Navigate to either of the two URL's mentioned above. If you have to, login. On the first run, greasemonkey will download all required files and make a database storage in the path mentioned above.

6. If you don't see the menu icon - don't panic. Reload the page again.

7. By now you should see the button added labeled Extender in the main toolbar buttons. Note that this button is added on the first chance given by the extender. Until the icon (the picture with the scroll) shows up, the extender will not function. It will take up to 8 ~ 10 seconds for the extender to load. When it has loaded you will get notified with an alert.

8. If anything from step 7 did not go as planned or a reload does not show the icon or adds the button, then something went south. Try the following: on the greasemonkey icon go to User script commands > and then click on DEBUG. An alert should notify you that you're now in debug mode and will attempt to reload the page. For tampermonkey this option can be accessed directly when you click the tampermonkey's integrated icon. The option has a little drill icon. Click on it and the same thing should happen.

9. Debug. After you entered debug mode and the page reloaded wait for 8 ~ 10 seconds, then right click anywhere on the page and click on Inspect element. Post everything from the console tab.

Awaiting your answer. Hope this helps.

Sign in to post a reply.