Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Additional Info not Pulling from USO

§
Posted: 2014.03.10.
Edited: 2014.03.10.

Additional Info not Pulling from USO

Hi, I just found out about this site through the latest tampermonkey development changelog. I pulled my scripts from USO but the additional info didn't pull. Is this suppose to happen? I tried to edit the additional but it says i need to update my script to do so?

§

It wont let me post additional info unless i change my code. I just dont get why it has to be like that? I can just copy and paste my stuff from USO but why do i have to change versions when nothing in the script is being changed?

§

It says my script version is the same. Im not trying to update the script im just trying to fill in additional info like my info for Monster Twitch (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/179223), I have a lot of info on that page. It kind of explains a lot of stuff as well as my changelog.

§

I saw there was a checkbox marked "Save anyway" so i clicked it and it worked this time. Its just a little bit weird, shouldn't those two sections be independent of each other?

§
OK, I'll test it out.

Thank you Jason! :)

§

Oh wow, could the fact that I use chrome on mac have anything to do with it?

§

Yes, I created and submitted through the same browser. That might be why.

§
Posted: 2014.03.11.

@JasonBarnabe Updating the scripts source and additional info on the same page mite be confusing to some people. Is there a reason they need to stay on the same page? Just wondering.

Sign in to post a reply.