Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Site security concern

§
Posted: 2023.10.09.

ummmm... Guys, maybe I'm being overly cautious--

In a new browser tab, I went to link https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/477002-youtube-channel-search-filter

The page shows me as logged off, and at the very top of the page I see:

登录超时,请重新登录。

Translation: '[Logged out?], please log in again.'

Now, typically I'm logged in on that browser. But I understand that occasionally GF deactivates my logins on ANY browser, so that's not the real worry. The real worry is-- why am I being asked to log back in via a Chinese prompt - for an English-localized link?--and an English-localized browser session?

(I'm typing this from another browser where I'm already logged in; I have not gone to that like for concern of ... a breach? phishing attempt?)

Anybody seeing the same/similar behaviour?

NotYouMod
§
Posted: 2023.10.09.

Anybody seeing the same/similar behaviour?

Yeah, I actually have seen this exact message. Looks like just a bug in the Greasy Fork, it appeared for me once or twice, I don't remember exactly. Nothing to worry about. Also, if moderator (me or any other mod) would be actually hacked, that would be awful.

I don't know how to reproduce it, but I remember that I was sending multiple requests (using two tabs) at the same time, Greasy Fork didn't proceed first one, and I already started second, that's when this message appeared for me, at least I think so.

This problem may appear because of multiple changes that were done to Greasy Fork, Jason (administrator of the website) changed moderator tools, fixed some issues on the website, etcetera, etcetera, so that may be the reason why these messages appear (basically a bug).

§
Posted: 2023.10.11.

I believe this is an issue where for certain cases, the application stops rendering before the locale is set, resulting in the request keeping the locale of the previous request (from another user). I'll look into if there's something that can be done, but I don't think it's a security issue.

https://github.com/JasonBarnabe/greasyfork/issues/1192

Sign in to post a reply.