Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.3.1 2024-05-11

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 01.04.2023.
Edited: 01.04.2023.

This refuses to allow anyone to block websites on "page" 2, 3, 4... on Google.com in Chrome. Previously blocked websites emerge on "page" 2, 3, 4... "why" is this happening? Google.com released a new feature which messes everything up except for "page" 1 of results.

Explain. Ever since Google.com decided to switch their website so that there is no longer the page 1, 2, 3, 4 buttons on the bottom of every page, the script fails to work. It's called "Continuous Scrolling" feature. Once "contin scroll" was added, the only two options are "Automatically loads the next set of results when you reach the bottom of the search results page. ON", "Automatically loads the next set of results when you reach the bottom of the search results page. OFF". Regardless which choose, if you scroll down or press the "more results" button, a new "page" of material appear. NONE of the script affects the "page" 2, 3, and after results AT ALL. results that are SUPPOSED to be hidden STILL APPEAR for "page" 2, 3, 4, etc. "page" 1 is still working fine, though. there is NO WAY to press "block" button on ANY of these results on "page" 2, 3... only "page" 1 is working when it comes to 1) blocking correctly and 2) disp/pressing block button

Script is now BROKEN and fail to block results from "page" 2, 3, and anything that appears after the FIRST "PAGE".

This is a great script in the past, however, once google and other search sites edit their websites and switch up features, the script need to be adjusted in tandem.

§

actually, maybe only needed to update version

§

okay I saw a previous post re Cont Scr, and at least this is being actively tested and improved. it is looking like it works. will continue to see, and if I run in to over the next week very little errors, I'll give better rating.

also, I'm not really able to edit/delete a post once it's been up for 5 minutes.

Sign in to post a reply.