Greasy Fork is available in English.

* Streaming Comment Reader chan

It reads comment text on streaming sites by speech synthesis.

< Feedback on * Streaming Comment Reader chan

Question/comment

§
Posted: 28-03-2020

Some feedback

The setting panel on YouTube can't be close when I am keeping it open and move to another page, I need to refresh the page to close it.

Also, it seems that tooltip are messing up when the script are enabled, this is not a big problem, but I hope you fix it when you are free.

By the way, would you consider using GM_setValue/GM.setValue function to store the setting data instead of localStorage. Therefore, user can backup the setting and the script more easily and prevent data from being deleted by other applications.

ご返事は日本語でも大丈夫です

knoaAuthor
§
Posted: 29-03-2020

お言葉に甘えて日本語で書きます。 (この時点で英訳したところ、Googleでは真逆の意味になったので、DeepLをおすすめします)

スクリプトを version 1.0.11 に更新しました。

1. ページを移動した際に設定パネルを自動で閉じるようにしました。 (各種ボタンの機能を維持したまま設定パネルを残すのは、ブラウザがセキュリティ的に許さないようです)

2. tooltip の問題は、一度わたしの環境でも再現したのですが、その後、いつの間にか再現しなくなってしまいました。気付かないうちに直ってしまったのであればいいのですが。(Mac Chrome最新版)

3. GM_setValue/GM.setValue の導入にはいまのところ消極的です。 バックアップしたくなるほど再設定が面倒なデータと言えば、置換辞書やNGワードでしょうか。これらの入力欄は、「ファイルを作ってエディタで編集したほうがいいよ。ここは貼り付けるだけの欄だよ」という意図で狭くしています。 Chrome拡張などに作り替えた際の互換性の意味でも、消極的です。(ラッパで解決できるとは言え、コードを増やします) でも議論は歓迎します!

§
Posted: 30-03-2020

Thank you for your quick response.

1. It works fine now. Thanks.
  2. Not all the tooltip come with this problem for me as well, can you reproduce the problem in this video? Most of the Emoji in this video should trigger the problem. Actually, I think the issue was caused by the following css, so please check if you can reproduce the problem. yt-live-chat-text-message-renderer #content{ position: relative !important; }
  3. I understand it. The benefit of switching to GM_setValue is not that important to me, so just forget about my suggestion.

4. Could you add user-select: none; and cursor: default; to #StreamingCommentReader-chan-panels? I think it will make the setting panel better.

knoaAuthor
§
Posted: 01-04-2020

ふたたびありがとうございます。v1.0.12 に更新しました。

1. 現象を確かに確認できました。修正済みです。
  2. cursor: default; だけ採用しました。これによって「ラベルをクリックしても入力欄がフォーカスされる」ことをささやかに暗示できるし、カーソルも見失いにくいですね。ご提案の意図はそういうことで合っていますか? user-select: none; は、ごくまれにいるかもしれない意図して文字を選択したいユーザーのためにも、敢えて禁止しなくてもいいかと思いましたが、いかがでしょうか。
§
Posted: 01-04-2020

ご提案の意図はそういうことで合っていますか? お察しの通り…と言いたいですが。 実はそこまで考えていませんでした、なんかすみませんです。

ごくまれにいるかもしれない意図して文字を選択したいユーザーのためにも、敢えて禁止しなくてもいいかと思いましたが、いかがでしょうか。 問題ございません、毎回配慮が足りなくて本当にすみません。

そして、まだ幾つかの提案があります、良かったら検討してください。 日本語で説明する自信がないので、英語で失礼します。

1. The test text (e.g. これはテストです ABC) should be related to voice setting, so that user can test it properly. i.e. When user change Japanese voice to English voice, the test text change from これはテストです ABC to this is a test ABC.
  2. Add option to change the voice setting separately. e.g. Speech rate (fastest) in normal speech, pitch of voice when chat flow fast etc.
  3. In current version, when the setting value exceeds the range (type in with keyboard or copy and paste), user can still save the setting. Some of the setting actually work even it over the limit, like you can set the speech rate to 10%. However, this will cause some kinds of bug, I have had no response from TTS because of this. It can't be solved even if I refresh the page, I have to wait for some time until it back to normal.

Sign in to post a reply.