Greasy Fork is available in English.

GOTA Extender

Game of Thrones Ascent Extender

< Feedback on GOTA Extender

Question/comment

§
Posted: 22-02-2015

The whole missing gold issue

So, the spending gold issue seems to be continuing. I know you mentioned that some of it is errors on DB's end, and I had some success getting gold back, but I'm not terribly confident in being able to ask about it again any time soon without getting denied. Just over last night I lost 2 gold, and this was with a new reincarnation, without any bruting.

My guess is that some of the gold loss is coming from the extension auto-speeding up things. Is it trying to do it right at the 5 minute mark? Would it be possible to change it so it's waiting until there is say, 4.5 minutes or even 4 minutes left. Or at the very least could someone tell me where to edit the script so it does that for me?

Right now I feel like I have to either spend all my gold right away so it doesn't disappear, or not use the extender, and I don't like either of those options.

§
Posted: 22-02-2015

Increase the delays, both the base and queue delays. Mine are on 20 , I have been on 4 gold for a couple of days I will reply again if it disappears.

§
Posted: 23-02-2015

I'll try that as well & see if anything changes.

§

Could you provide steps for reproduction, do you remember the exact scenario in which this behavior was observed? It would help me a lot in debugging the problem.

§

Unfortunately I've only noticed it when I've left the script running in the background and came back to it after awhile, so guess is it's either an issue with bruting or something with production, building, or quest speedups.

One of the things that the DB rep mentioned when refunding me the gold is that sometimes the "free" button might pop up before it's actually ready, I'm hoping it's just a delay issue, especially since my connection seems to be a bit slow anyway.

If I notice a drop in gold again now that I've increased the delays I'll see if there is anything from the console etc. that I can save.

§
Posted: 24-02-2015

Hello again mate,

this is caused by speeding up production. The extender does not have any other mechanism to implement a queue of items other than this at the moment. Its is as plain as they have said it: the information from in-game (the free button) cannot be trusted.

I'm generally against fixing any of their bugs in my extension, however, because this is observed mainly when you use the extender, I'll investigate it when I have time. Please note that this problem is mentioned at the bottom of the script description, along with some tips on how to battle it.

§
Posted: 24-02-2015
Edited: 24-02-2015

I lost today and again 3 gold coins.i was doing some building upgrades and producing gold rings and necklace chains, but not queuing them. when i noticed that the coins were gone when i was bruting my ss's. In my alt's acc i have 2 gold that wont go away and forced it all : queuing buildings bruting, u name it . the settings are the same and are as follows : Reload 1 hour, base and queue delay 20, collect at 60 minutes. will get back if i have something more

I just remembered one thing : a while back ago i was trying to craft those damn pyres. i had chrome logged in at DB in my pc with the script active,and accessed the site through another pc. instantaneously i lost 25 gold ( the cost of a kingscopper to speed up items production). at the time that happened i had 4 of those speedups. the issue happens even if u have the speedup used in the inventory.

§
Posted: 30-03-2015

Would it be possible to make the speedup usage an option? Default can be on, but I would turn it off.

When speedups is turned off: Let the production finish completely before starting a new one, and never try to buy a speedup even if it's "free" at supposedly under 5 minutes. So once a building shows to have finished producing with "Finished" or is stuck at "1s", test if the production can be collected and a new production can be started, or if the timer needs to be restarted. Sometimes a production can be stuck at "1s", so let it wait maybe 30s before testing again. Don't try a free speedup even then.

The problem is _definitely_ DB's inability to keep the timers right, especially if you play from multiple windows or devices. The timers are not refreshed correctly and the client can be out of sync, and a "free" speedup will use gold when the client thinks it's under 5 minutes, and the actual server timer is at over 5 minutes.

Geo
§
Posted: 16-04-2015

I thought I figured it out but I'm back on square one. I always knew that the collect silver button will attempt to sync almost all timers when clicked. Actually it does more than than, like refreshing the inventory, refreshing the command points indicator etc etc. I had the auto collect option on 10 minutes for a month now with no gold missing. I was happy because I thought that was the answer, and was ready to share with all, but nooooo... Yesterday I lost 6 gold once more.

The above suggestion by stymor looks promising. This way, we could deactivate the finishing of a building/production, so avoid the issue, and keep all the other great parts of the script.

Sign in to post a reply.