Greasy Fork is available in English.

GOTA Extender

Game of Thrones Ascent Extender

< Feedback on GOTA Extender

Question/comment

§
Posted: 30-11-2014

Extension spends gold...

I have confirm gold spending on, I have never spend gold on, I do not have instant speedup on and My delays are on 12 (base and queue) and yet gold disappears when the extension runs, I do not know what it is but I assumed it was to do with the gota bug of spending gold without confirmation on the 5 minute instant speedup, which doesn't make sense with the options I have set...

§

I can also confirm this, I had a slow trickle dissapear without noticing. Then I had 3 gold turn in to 0 gold and a support ticket confirmed a speedup had been used (I was refunded). Maybe have the last 5 minutes speedup kick in with 4 minutes remaining or an option to disable it/.

§

I wonder if the extension uses the instant speed up links to try and avoid the speed up window popping up.

If this is the case Mr Ivanov please change it to use the pop up window, unless there is a way to confirm it will not trigger the game bug and spend gold.

§
Posted: 17-12-2014

Oh my, oh my! This should be marked as red until fixed!

§
Posted: 17-12-2014

Some remarks:

The extender will attempt to instantly speed your production item REGARDLESS of your option for instant speed ups. Yes it is as you assumed - that prevents the popup window which stops execution of code - undesirable.

The thing is how the fuck did it got around the never spend gold option. It basically says to the game: don't bother me, I ain't have any gold. My best guess will again be f*kin javascript timers falling behind and sh*t.

There's no way I can disable this function, since it determines the event on which I trigger the production finishing.

This calls for further investigation. I prolonged the time the speed up kicks, but that's not a long lasting solution.

§
Posted: 30-12-2014

the script even if u have the necessary speedup item , it still spends the gold to buy it. it already spent around 50 gold so far eheheh

§
Posted: 31-12-2014

Yeah the other day it spent 24 gold on a building speed up despite my vast quantities of mead. Never spend gold ticked and confirm gold spending ticked. I've submitted too many accidental gold spend tickets to the point where it's going to look suspicious. I've noticed it happen with the building queue only so if I have gold will not queue any upgrades unless the speedup to finish the upgrade is more than the gold I have on hand.

Sorry if I sound very negative there, but it is a bug report. I'm very happy with the Extender and really appreciate the effort you've put in to it.

§
Posted: 02-01-2015

As a temporary solution try using the reloading option with a minimum interval when you leave the extender unattended. Refresh the game as much as possible.

§
Posted: 02-01-2015

I have a theory about what might be happening but I could very well be wrong. Sometimes when a building finishes an upgrade it ends up looking like this: http://imgur.com/q7iknZD I think this isn't a simple display error because when this has happened to me manually I couldn't build the next upgrade until I exited the building then clicked finish again in order to do so. When it's in this state and the extender goes to queue the next upgrade whatever the issue is with the game it sees it as a reason to speed up the upgrade the extender had queued. With "Never Spend Gold" ticked I try and purchase one of the building speedups and no problems there,

§
Posted: 04-01-2015

The problem is with gota itself, not the extension, specifically poor coding on the instant speedups, I do not think there is a lot the extension can do to stop it, except to try and make workarounds, but that would distract from the dev of the extensions features itself.

I have not had the problem reoccur, the extension seems to use the queue delay for the speedup now and 12 seconds seems to be enough, or perhaps I have just been lucky, I did not give it a big window, maybe 18 hours I had gold and a queue running before I spent the gold, but when I made this thread I did not get a chance to spend the gold at all, so things have improved at the very least.

In addition to setting the reload time low, set your queue and base delay higher, at least until DB fixes it on their end, I do not think it would be high priority because of the amount of gold being removed from circulation by people not complaining.

§
Posted: 10-01-2015

I do not know if I lost some gold or if I only got one gold this week but I am on one gold, so maybe I spoke too soon saying the delay was working, back to not leaving the queue running on gold days for now.

§
Posted: 02-02-2015
Edited: 02-02-2015

With the new changes to the production queue, THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. However, it happened to me yesterday. Cuz I'm sure it ain't from me now I submitted a ticket, here's their response:

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting Game of Thrones Ascent Player Support. We are very sorry you ran into this issue with the game.

We believe this happens because one Sworn Sword is out on two actions; one is free to speed up but the other is not. We are working to correct this as soon as possible.

2015-02-01 17:37:06 UTC inst_speed_up $0.00 -14 n/a
2015-02-01 15:08:40 UTC inst_speed_up $0.00 -4 n/a
2015-02-01 14:25:48 UTC inst_speed_up $0.00 -5 n/a

I have refunded your -- gold for you now.

First of all it had nothing to do nothing with sworn swords. The Extender DOES NOT SPEED UP SWORN SWORDS. Second of all it exhausted lesser amount of gold than they claim it has.

So to sum it up: These guys have no f idea what the f goes wrong. The server has issues with instant speeding up. THIS IS NOT CAUSED FROM THE EXTENDER, feel free to spam them up with tickets.

Sign in to post a reply.