Greasy Fork is available in English.

YouTube - Show Full View Count and Date (unless hovering)

Brings back the full view count and date to the description box.

< Commentaires sur YouTube - Show Full View Count and Date (unless hovering)

Avis: OK - le script fonctionne, mais souffre de quelques problèmes

§
Posté le: 01/08/2023

Found a bug with the new update. If you are logged out, the script works great every time, full stop. If I login to YT, it breaks. Doing side by side comparisons with a private window and a logged in account, it seems the "description bar" where the date and views is located, it's properly formatted when logged out and breaks when logged in. Basically, if there are extra lines of text or spaces, those spaces and text are reformatted and spaces removed when logged in with the script. You don't even need to use a private window, just logout and you'll see the script work after a refresh and break again after logging in. Any ideas @lednerg

lednergAuteur
§
Posté le: 02/08/2023
Édité le: 02/08/2023

This dumb little stylesheet hack I made relies on too many things being totally perfect in order to work. It was fine for the first 6 months or so, but YouTube refuses to stop tweaking their site, so they keep breaking it. Not only that, but YouTube rolls out updates that affect some users/IP ranges before others, which can make it impossible for me and other authors to replicate issues people are having. That seems to be what's happening now, because I checked and everything looks fine to me, so you probably got a YouTube update which I haven't gotten yet.

Frankly, I'm kinda done maintaining this particular stylesheet, especially since I don't even use it anymore. This kind of thing should really be done in proper Javascript instead of a CSS stylesheet. Seriously, if you're up to it, you should go make a request in the forums (below) for someone to make an actual userscript which grabs the view count and date from the tooltip and puts it into the description box. I've made requests there before, they're nice people.

Script Creation Requests

§
Posté le: 02/08/2023

No worries and thank you for the suggestion, I'll look into it. Kind Regards.

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.