Screen Resolution Spoof

Alters attempts at fingerprinting your screen resolution to 1920x1080. Only tested in FIrefox.

< Commentaires sur Screen Resolution Spoof

Avis: Bon - le script fonctionne correctement

§
Posté le: 02/09/2022

Hey, I was trying to do this in a chrome extension for a couple hours unsuccessfully, your code sent me in the right direction, I really appreciate you posting this, thank you. Excellent work, works great on Chrome as well

r-a-yAuteur
§
Posté le: 03/09/2022

Cool, glad it works for you, Matthew!

I generally do not recommend this approach nowadays as it's quite easy for fingerprinters to know that you're spoofing these properties. Fingerprinters will use other techniques not derived from javascript screen props nowadays. See browserleaks.com/javascript for a test. Click on the "More" button under "Screen Resolution" and check the div.clientWidth and div.clientHeight for an example.

If you were to use this script, I would ensure the div.clientWidth and div.clientHeight are the same as it would be in your spoofed scenario. So basically the only way this would make sense is if you have like a rather, large screen resolution like 4K and you want to use your browser resized to 1920x1080 or another common size like 1600x900.

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.