Greasy Fork is available in English.

YouTube Super Fast Chat

Ultimate Performance Boost for YouTube Live Chats

< Commentaires sur YouTube Super Fast Chat

Question / commentaire

§
Posté le: 2023-10-18

YouTube live stream chat is a little bit laggy if this user script is enabled.

Please have a look: https://youtu.be/Wzz4Ns9z3Lg

The animation when new messages appear is much smoother when the user script is not enabled.

Perhaps it is laggy in chats where there are a lot of people?! 🤔

§
Posté le: 2023-10-23
Édité le: 2023-10-23

I cannot really feel the lagging from the videos.

1. Anyway, please try to disable all other userscripts & extensions first. It might cause by clashing with other scripts.

2. You can turn one of more of them OFF. ( XXX = false )

• ENABLE_NO_SMOOTH_TRANSFORM
  • USE_OPTIMIZED_ON_SCROLL_ITEMS
  • ENABLE_DELAYED_CHAT_OCCURRENCE_PREFERRED
  • ENABLE_OVERFLOW_ANCHOR_PREFERRED

This should fix your case.

§

I cannot really feel the lagging from the videos.

1. Anyway, please try to disable all other userscripts & extensions first. It might cause by clashing with other scripts.

2. You can turn one of more of them OFF. ( XXX = false )

• ENABLE_NO_SMOOTH_TRANSFORM
  • USE_OPTIMIZED_ON_SCROLL_ITEMS
  • ENABLE_DELAYED_CHAT_OCCURRENCE_PREFERRED
  • ENABLE_OVERFLOW_ANCHOR_PREFERRED

This should fix your case.

As you can see in my video, the chat's new messages animation is smooth with all other user scripts enabled, except for the "YouTube Super Fast Chat" user script. So I don't think other scripts have any impact, given that they are enabled and chat is still smooth. 80% of those scripts are created by you, anyway. 🤣

I usually watch one specific YouTube live stream, 1500+ viewers per stream. I can give you a livestream tonight. In my local time, that stream starts in about 3 hours, maybe 4 hours. 🤔

§

Try here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iZJXf9yVg8

Enable the user script for at least one minute and disable the user script for at least one minute and notice the differences with your own eyes.

§

I tried to enable and disable the settings you told me, but no use. There's still some junkiness happening within the chat animation. It's more visible for messages that are longer than one line in the chat.

It feels like something's too aggressive in your script, "killing" the animation and making it not smooth. Just my own assumption. 🤔

§
Édité le: 2023-10-23

I tried to enable and disable the settings you told me, but no use. There's still some junkiness happening within the chat animation. It's more visible for messages that are longer than one line in the chat.

It feels like something's too aggressive in your script, "killing" the animation and making it not smooth. Just my own assumption. 🤔

Hmmm, maybe the chat isn't smooth without the script enabled, either. But maybe is a little bit smoother with this script disabled. I'm not sure anymore... 🤔

As you can see in my video, the chat's new messages animation is smooth with all other user scripts enabled, except for the "YouTube Super Fast Chat" user script. So I don't think other scripts have any impact, given that they are enabled and chat is still smooth. 80% of those scripts are created by you, anyway.

Just to clarify that, what is the meaning of clashing. No problem for script A itself and script B itself. Problem could be just occur when A+B. That's why you need to disable all others to test, and enable some with this script, until you can find script B.

Hmmm, maybe the chat isn't smooth without the script enabled, either. But maybe is a little bit smoother with this script disabled. I'm not sure anymore... 🤔

Anyway, I can do nothing if it is still "not smooth" after all those 4 settings are disabled.

Remarks

If you have already satisfied the chatroom performance without this script, you can uninstall it.

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.