Youtube polymer engine fixes

Some fixes for Youtube polymer engine

< Opiniones de Youtube polymer engine fixes

Pregunta o comentario

§
Publicado: 15/12/2022

Love love love this script! It's an absolute must to properly enjoy yt anymore! Thank you so much for it!
But recently, when playing live video or videos in a playlist, the memory usage in FF goes crazy. It builds up until it maxes out and FF crashes completely. I first noticed this happening a few weeks ago, when I tried to watch a live video, but the video would not load at all and would make my whole pc lag and would eventually crash the browser. I thought it was a problem with my computer or something and switched browsers and it worked fine. Honestly, I don't watch many live videos, so I forgot about the problem. But a few days ago, the same problem started happening with my playlists. It didn't seem to happen with all playlists reliably for a bit, but as of like an hour ago, none of my playlists will play with this script enabled. :(

I disabled all my other scripts and extensions, but the problem persists. Playing a regular video not in a playlist works just fine, it only happens on live videos, or in a playlist. FF and this script are both updated.
For now, my solution is disabling the script when using a playlist or watching live video, they work fine as long as it's disabled, and then turning it back on to do everything else.

§
Publicado: 16/12/2022

Playing a regular video not in a playlist works just fine, it only happens on live videos, or in a playlist. FF and this script are both updated.

I tried updating my pc and restarting as well and it still happens but, I just discovered that if I click to open the video in a playlist in a new tab, it will load that video just fine, but it gets stuck trying to load in the next video. Live videos play for a moment upon opening in a new tab, but after 2-3 seconds, it locks up and the memory starts piling up again. :( It also now seems to be happening to just regular videos not in playlists if I don't open them in a new tab. Open in new tab → plays okay. Load a video in the same tab → memory builds until FF crashes. Turning off this script solves all the problems, but I want to use it!

§
Publicado: 16/12/2022

I had this same issue, but only when "View count display modifier" under the General tab was set to "Extract everywhere". I changed it back to the default, "Extract on video page, short otherwise", and the problem went away. Check that setting and see if that helps.

§
Publicado: 17/12/2022

I had this same issue, but only when "View count display modifier" under the General tab was set to "Extract everywhere". I changed it back to the default, "Extract on video page, short otherwise", and the problem went away. Check that setting and see if that helps.

Omg you're a godsend! That did the trick! They all play just fine now! Thank you so so much! I would never have thought to change that!

BogudanAutor
§
Publicado: 17/12/2022

Thanx for information. I'll try to fix this issue when it'll be possible.

BogudanAutor
§
Publicado: 18/12/2022

Version 2.20.0. Should be fixed.

Publicar respuesta

Inicia sesión para responder.