Amino Chat Grabber

A utility to grab and compile chat histories, for parsing, archiving or viewing in an accompanying WIP chat history viewer.

< Feedback on Amino Chat Grabber

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2023/09/14

I'm trying to archive a big chat (like 10000+ messages) and it always freezes up after some point. I've got more of the most recent messages, but whenever i get there it freezes and I have to reset it, but then it takes it from the bottom again. It works great, but not for tons and tons of messages

§
Posted: 2023/09/14

also, the biggest problem is when the amino chat stops loading before the top because amino will shut down if you're scrolling too fast lol

§
Posted: 2023/10/09

Sadly, that's not a problem with the script. You get temporarily blocked from loading the chat if you make too many requests in a short span of time. To remedy this, you can increase the "LoadDelay" variable, which controls how often the script tries to scroll upwards. Read the comment immediately above it for more information. I hope that may help ^^

§
Posted: 2024/05/06

How do I do that? Sorry, I'm really not tech savvy at all, downloading this grabber was the closest I've gotten to dealing with site data.. I looked into the console for the website but I couldn't find any LoadDelay variable

§
Posted: 2024/05/13

The variable is in the script's code. You should find and edit it in whatever extension you use on your browser, and it'll be in line 25. Like this:

//- How long to wait for chat window pages to load when scrolling to the beginning of a chat (in ms).
//- Increase this if your connection is slow, and/or if you find that the script stops scrolling
//- prematurely. Very low values are unadvised, as you will be rate-limited by the server upon making
//- long operations, such as grabbing all chats in a community, or all chats in all communities.
//- Default value is 1500 (1.5 seconds)
const LoadDelay = 1500

Sign in to post a reply.