Markdown toolbar for GreasyFork

Select Markdown format by default, add help links, add toolbar formatting buttons for markdown

< Feedback on Markdown toolbar for GreasyFork

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2021/03/10

Good

§
Posted: 2021/03/14

Does not work anymore

darkredAuthor
§
Edited: 2021/03/14

The script works fine with Tampermonkey/Violentmonkey with Chrome/Firefox (Greasemonkey is NOT supported).
I just rechecked all test URLs I list inside the script and everything works fine, incl. when clicking the Edit button.

I have a support page, the GitHub repo, I'd prefer if you reported issues there in the future: https://github.com/darkred/Userscripts/issues .
In there, the bug report template is as follows:

<!--
2. Make sure the bug is caused by the script: try disabling the other scripts (and extensions) first.
3. Be as specific as possible, I need to know where to look. 
4. Provide STR (steps to reproduce) and a full URL where the bug appears, if needed. List any errors displayed in Console.
5. Include a screenshot/gif so I can help you better.
6. Include name and version of your browser and script manager (Tampermonkey and Violentmonkey are supported - Greasemonkey is not supported).  

If I can't see the issue nor can replicate it easily, I can't help.
-->

So, provide details, please.

§

So, provide details, please

Script broke after the last update. Just figured out: to break it you need to switch the website language to RU. Is it working only with EN now?

darkredAuthor
§

Yes, it's working only with EN, because I had trouble finding a reliable CSS selector for the .label-note parent element of (See allowed code.)
across the various pages where the toolbar is supposed to work.
I currently use the native Javascript alternative of jQuery's $("selector:contains('(See allowed code)')").
The previous revision had other problems.

I've added this to the known issues.

If you think you could help with this, a pull request in the repo would be most appreciated.

I'd like to ask you please to update your rating to No rating - just a question/comment.

darkredAuthor
§

The new version works ok in all locales (no longer selecting based on EN string).

§

Ok

Sign in to post a reply.