YouTube - Stay Active and Play Forever

Tired of Youtube pausing playback asking you to click 'yes' to continue playing? This script will make the popup never appear, music will never stop. Never pause, never inactive, never worry. The script will keep you active and keep playing music FOREVER. Enables playing in background on mobile.

< Feedback on YouTube - Stay Active and Play Forever

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2022/10/26

Thanks

§
Posted: 2022/10/29

I did test, if video is ended and starts to repeat while tab is inactive - it does not repeat till i join that tab again.
Usually i watch short videos on repeat so for me it's better watch without that script.

q1kAuthor
§

I've never noticed such an issue even in background.
Try disabling any other scripts and see which one is causing this behavior.

§

Disabled all ad-block features, plugins, and other scripts, refreshed the page, but still have this problem in background. I use browser Opera GX.
I don't have that problem if I use hidden:true instead of hidden:false.

§
Posted: 2022/12/27
Edited: 2022/12/27

Disabled all ad-block features, plugins, and other scripts, refreshed the page, but still have this problem in background. I use browser Opera GX.

This is because the modern browsers always alternate the setInterval handler calling in background tabs.
Try my similar Userscript. It might helps.
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/457219-disable-youtube-autopause

§
Posted: 2022/12/27

This is because the modern browsers always alternate the setInterval handler calling in background tabs.
Try my similar Userscript. It might helps.
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/457219-disable-youtube-autopause

Thanks, will try it later

Sign in to post a reply.