JR Crowdsource keyword/ranking mturk.com scripts

A userscript for crowdsource keyword and ranking hits. It should be working for the keywords for any Google location. Also it will work for the ranking hits. It will even work for the choose the best URL hits.

< Feedback on JR Crowdsource keyword/ranking mturk.com scripts

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2015-03-10

No longer forwarding.

On this particular HIT group it no longer closes the google page and opens the new page with the desired info to return, when you click the red select button. Instead now it opens the selected url in a separate tab and then stops working it never jumps to the actual page so you can highlight the data and click selection. I'm sure it's just a minor tweak. Hope you get it going. thanks.
below is the hitgroup.
https://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?groupId=3AA189Q6B52FOTJ4W7MJOHNVFF1WMR

JohnnyRSAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-03-20

I haven't been able to reproduce this bug. Make sure you have no other scripts for Google searches on. Uninstall my script and reinstall it to make sure everything is updated too. I'll keep checking to see if I can figure it out.

§
Posted: 2015-03-21

First, holy crap, is this script amazing. I'm new to AMT, and running this with the one that's for just finding the title of URLs is... wow. This thing's unbelievable.

For the No longer forwarding: I had the exact same thing: fills in the page number and rank, but then, opens a page and what's the point? But, then, it was obvious: I have my google search to 'open results in new page'. Toggling that off, and the script opens the page, and (usually) highlights sentences. Seems this part could be stronger: Would be uber if sentences were just numbered. Of course, that won't help with "find number of pins" for Pinterest, but, whatever, this script rocks.

§
Posted: 2015-03-26

@Grey, do I change that setting in my google preferences or in my browser preferences?

§
Posted: 2015-03-26

Nevermind, I found it. And Yes, Johnny I can confirm this does indeed correct the scripts issue I mentioned. Perhaps adding a check of the preferences to the start of the script or having it automatically change the option to the "open results in a new window" box to be unchecked and saved before the script continues. Not sure if that would slow it down much or what. But that may work. Otherwise I'm fine with setting it manually now that I know what the problem is. However all that being said, some of the hits will close the google page and open a new page and migrate the tool window to the new page for further instruction, these 2 HIT groups that I mentioned do not. Maybe you can identify what makes this HIT different than similar HITs with a different group ID.

And as always, many thanks and much respect ofr your work and all efforts.

Sign in to post a reply.