w4tchdoge's AO3 Bookmark Maker

Modified/Forked from "Ellililunch AO3 Bookmark Maker" (https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/458631). Script is out-of-the-box setup to automatically add title, author, status, summary, and last read date to the description in an "collapsible" section so as to not clutter the bookmark.

< Feedback on w4tchdoge's AO3 Bookmark Maker

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2023-08-21

Love this! the colapse really helps so you don’t get a ton of repetitive info.

Is there a way for me to add the relationship tags (or just the first one) also? Some of the works from older fandoms contain next to no info in the summary, and it’s basically useless to figure out even who the characters are, much less what the fic is.

w4tchdogeAuthor
§
Posted: 2023-08-22
Edited: 2023-08-22

Love this! the colapse really helps so you don’t get a ton of repetitive info.

Thanks for the review!

Is there a way for me to add the relationship tags (or just the first one) also? Some of the works from older fandoms contain next to no info in the summary, and it’s basically useless to figure out even who the characters are, much less what the fic is.

I've added this as default functionality in v2.2.0, you should be able to see what it looks like from the demo images in the description. If you run into any problems with it please let me know.

§
Posted: 2023-08-29

Thanks!! that works wonderfully for the relationships.

I have another feature request (sorry!). As I slowly go through and update all my bookmarks, I'm finding that many series do not have summaries. Would it be possible to populate the empty summary field (or appended to the series summary) with the work titles and summaries in the series? For example:

> Work Summary:

Work series summary.

1. Title 1
This is the summary of fic 1.

2. Title 2
This is the summary of fic 2.

3. Title 3
This is the summary of fic 3.
w4tchdogeAuthor
§
Posted: 2023-08-31

Thanks!! that works wonderfully for the relationships.

Good to know it's what you were looking for.

Would it be possible to populate the empty summary field (or appended to the series summary) with the work titles and summaries in the series?

I've added a new variable in the latest version (v2.3.0) called series_works_summaries that can be used in the workInfo config var that's near the bottom of the script if you want to add the summaries of the works in the series to the series bookmark. Seems to work from the testing I've done but let me know if you run into any bugs.

FYI, series_works_summaries can easily run into the character limit for a bookmark if the series has enough works (you can see it happen with this series) so I'd look out for that when using it.

I plan to make this a more configurable setting by making it more conditional (by adding an setting in the settings dropdown to let you choose whether it's always append, append only if no series summary, never append) but until then I hope this does what you want it to.

§
Posted: 2023-09-04
Edited: 2023-09-04

Thank you again!! my last feature request (please feel no need to oblige me, the script is already fantastic and I really appreciate your responsiveness) is to automatically add bookmarker tags:

Completion status of the fic
* Complete
* Work in Progress

I think technically you should only need one of those since it is either complete or it is not, but if not all bookmarks have been updated yet that could make things messy.

Length
* less than 2.500
* 2.500 to 7.499
* 7.500 to 14.999
* 15.000 to 30.000
* more than 30.000

The only reason for those cutoff points is that based on an average reading speed of 250 words per minute, the cut offs are for reading time of 10 minutes (2,500), 30 minutes (7,500), 1 hour (15,000), and 2 hours (30,000). Since it's somewhat arbitrary please feel free to use whatever makes sense to you if you decide to do this

w4tchdogeAuthor
§
Posted: 2023-09-09
Edited: 2023-09-09

automatically add bookmarker tags

I've updated the script to version 2.4.0 which adds an "Auto Tag" button (IMG) thats automatically add the completion status and word count to the User Tags field (GIF Demo).

The current ranges for the word count tags are as you've suggested. If you want to change the word count ranges or add additional ones the relevant code is near the bottom of the script (IMG; GitHub) and I've added some hopefully useful resources as comments (How equalities work in JS; a list of JS's logical & comparison operators).

The "Auto Tag" button seems to work well from the testing I've done but as always, let me know if you run into any errors with it.

§
Posted: 2023-09-12

You're fantastic--thank you so much!!

No issues so far

Sign in to post a reply.