Direct download from Google Play

Adds APK-DL, APKPure, APKCombo, APKPremier, APKMirror and Evozi download buttons to Google Play Store when browsing apps.

< Feedback on Direct download from Google Play

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2024-01-08

I used latest beta BETA v2.17.1. I picked an app at Google Play and 6 buttons show up for download. Only APKPremier works. Here are details of what clicking the various buttons do (for me, USA user not on VPN, Gigabit internet connection.)
APK-DL changes to "CAPTCHA". I click on it to go to that site and solve, then it says "sorry we couldn't download that file"
APKPure changes to grey "Offline!" (this website is in fact online and I can download through it manually) note: on another machine it changes to "Retry".
APKCombo changes to "Loading..." and does nothing (on another machine this changes to grey "Removed!"
APKPremier changes to "CAPTCHA". I click on it to go to that site and it has no captcha and there is a blue "latest version" download link (working).
Evozi immediately redirects to their site. clicking "generate download link" there always fails.
APKMirror immediate redirects to their site. always "no results found matching your query."
NOTE: apkcombo and apkmirror did work for some apps like instagram or extremely common popular apks only. all others are same result (for example com.instagram.android)

StephenPAuthor
§
Posted: 2024-01-08

Hi Max,
I know the script might have some issues with some apps:
-APKMirror doesn't directly download from Google's server: it's a host for certified user uploaded apps. Of course not all the apps are available there.
-APKPremier is the most reliable one: I've added it as it was requested by a Chinese user, because in China APKPure is not available.
-Other sites are sometimes reliable, sometimes not, that's why I added plenty of them.
By the way, can you tell me which apps you couldn't download? I want to check if I can solve the problem, as it's probably not related to your connection.
Best regards!

Sign in to post a reply.