Discussions » Creation Requests

[Request] Script for Ebay prefered language used on webpage, to avoid Ebay bug

§
Posted: 2015-08-02

[Request] Script for Ebay prefered language used on webpage, to avoid Ebay bug

Hi,
there's an annoying bug on ebay, when i want to look at some items, i get the following error message:

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

But they are legal items, Ebay is wrong. And to allow me to look at the item, i have to manually change the setting of my browser::: Tools, Options, Content, and choose the prefered language for webpages, and then i have to move English at the top, above my native language. And then i can see the item on Ebay and purchase it. Once i'm done doing what i have to do on ebay, i have to switch back the language with the same procedure: Tools, Options, Content, move English back below my native language.

It is annoying having to do this everytime i go on any Ebay site. So i wonder if it would be possible for someone to make a script, or anything that would allow me to use a specific choosen language only for Ebay sites, or somthing that would allow me have different language preferences specific to these websites. Something that would help to avoid having to makes these changes manually all the time.

Thanks!!

Sign in to post a reply.