Greasy Fork is available in English.

Yays! (Yet Another Youtube Script)

A lightweight and non-intrusive userscript that control video playback and set the preferred player size and playback quality on YouTube.

< Rückmeldungen aufYays! (Yet Another Youtube Script)

Rezension: Fehler - Skript funktioniert nicht

§
Veröffentlicht: 26.07.2014

Big Problem: Don't see the button with a "cogwheel" icon

I don't see the button with a "cogwheel" icon ???

Here's a screen Shot ---> http://i.imgur.com/JSgVHBN.png

Regards !!!

§
Veröffentlicht: 26.07.2014

Hi,

According to the screenshot, the video title is above the video player, so it seems like YouTube have changed the layout again or you are using another script to modify the page which may interfere with my script. If the latter is true, please tell me what script are you using so maybe I can solve this compatibility problem. If this is not the case, try deleting all cookies from youtube.com, so you will probably return to a version of the YouTube interface which my script can handle. Also please check if you are using the latest version (v1.12) and specify your browser/platform and how you have installed the script, with Greasemonkey, Scriptish, Tampermonkey, native or else.

§
Veröffentlicht: 27.07.2014

Hi Eugene,

Sorry if I did not leave enough information, I was really thinking it was something obvious that I was missing with your script... ;-)

I use Cyberfox 28 it's not the latest but it's the latest verson that use the same profile dir that Firefox. I really doubt that's Cyberfox since I use lot of extension and scripts and they all run fine.

I've already tested disabling most scripts that run on youtube, but I may have miss something.

I join a zip file with all my scripts inside and add-ons that run on youtube ---> https://anonfiles.com/file/86cc5e9a42a981ffa863f0dd4bb44700

One add-on that I'd REALLY like that work with your script is "BE QUIET" it's a little gem well hidden... It pause AUTOMATICALLY the sound of Pandora radio (or others Net Radio) when I click on youtube link to play a youtube video and if I pause of stop the video it Resume the "play" on the radio automatically ;-) https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/be-quiet/

Also I have generated a "report" with ABP (AdBlock) so you will be able to see if a filters mess with your script... and also you will see all my others Add-Ons that I use and lot of oters setting useful to debug ---> https://reports.adblockplus.org/53b6b15d-02d8-44ad-846b-17b21081c899#tab=requests

Thanks for your quick reply !

§
Veröffentlicht: 28.07.2014

I could not obtain a copy of Cyberfox 28, but I have installed Firefox 28 with the corresponding Greasemonkey version (0.9.22) and two problems were revealed instantly. It was not the other scripts or addons that caused the problem, but it looks like there is a bug in this older version of GM. The code has been fixed, and the new version will be released soon.

Thanks for your detailed answer. It was really helpful.

§
Veröffentlicht: 29.07.2014

Thanks for your help

I was using Greasmonkey 1.16beta6 since I was not aware there have more recent version.

Like you see I use a build of FIrefox based on FF28 (I try to avoid Aurora interface, since I use a very customized set-up for my work) , so I did not see that the new Greasemonkey 2.x was out. Moreover it prevent from Version 2.x Greasemonkey prevent the update on anything below Version 29 of Firefox... So I tweaked the RDF file to change min requirement and now I'm using Greasmonkey 2.1 BUT nothing seem to change...

Could you double-check with Greasemonkey 2.1 in your setup with Firefox 28 if it work on your side ? I join the GSM version 2.1 here with doctored RDF file to work in FF version 20 and above, it will save you the hassle of changing it.

Here's my screenshot also with GSM 2.1 and Cyberfox V28

Best Regards !

§
Veröffentlicht: 29.07.2014

I have found two bugs yesterday, and actually, only one of them was caused by GM, the other one was because of FF28. This bug was a reference for an undefined global variable which is defined in FF30+. I have changed some code when working on the release for FF30/GM2.0 that may broke the compatibility with older versions of FF.

Anyway, I hope it is fixed. The new release will come out at the weekend.

§
Veröffentlicht: 30.07.2014

Answered by email ;-)

Antwort schreiben

Anmelden um eine Antwort zu senden.