Greasy Fork is available in English.

Return Pagination to Google

Makes Google searches break down into separate pages, rather than displaying as one continuous page.

< Feedback on Return Pagination to Google

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 05.11.2023

QUESTION

RE., "Return Pagination to Google '' script w/Tampermonkey Script Manager install:

So, I have installed the Tampermonkey extension into Google Chrome and "Return Pagination to Google '' script, therein.

Clicking on Tampermonkey icon on browser toolbar, however, does not show presence of toggle on-off option, for installed script - though such does appear as present, only w/in Tampermonkey Dashboard.

Nevertheless, page numbering is still not showing up at the bottom of google chrome search results pages. I have tried shutting down / restarting chrome, turning off ad blockers and refreshing and reloading webpage search results, but am still getting endless scrolling, instead of page numbering, at the bottom of search page results.

I am a total newbie at this and do not understand scripting at all, but am trying. Have noticed when going to Tampermonkey dashboard and clicking on script name (i.e., Return Pagination to Google), that resultant view panel of relevant script shows multiple red circles with red exes, and a yellow triangle w/exclamation point, beside lines of code, in the left margin. I wanted and spent a LOT of time trying to attach image copies of this here so it could be seen, but file size limitaion of 200 KB each is absolutely assinine and rediculous, and wouldn't allow it. But am assuming however that that the forementioned are indicators that there's something wrong w/the code?

Or maybe, “am I doing something wrong?”

It's all totally Greek to me and I am totally confused, baffled, and bewildered.

Can anyone help, in the simplest possible way (i.e., do this, do this, go here, go there, do this, do that = step 1, 2, 3 etc, type of manner, in laymen's terms), please?

And thank you. in advance.

Sincerely,
SteveM

Des
§
Posted: 12.11.2023

You're not doing anything wrong. It's a bug in the code (as far as I can tell). This is what I did to fix it:

1. Click on the Tampermonkey icon.
2. In the pop-up, click on Dashboard.
3. Look for the relevant script -- it's called "Return Pagination to Google". Click on that title.
4. Toward the top (it should be the 5th line) you'll see this: // @match https://www.google.*/search*
5. Simply change the first * for 'com'. Once edited it should look like this: // @match https://www.google.com/search*
6. Hit Ctrl-S (or click on File > Save within the Tapermonkey editor).
7. Close the Tapermonkey tab and reload Google.
8. You're done ;)

Hopefully this will do the trick for you too.

§
Posted: 13.11.2023

Des, you are frikken awsome ! Thank you so much ! Now appears to be working, thanks to your simple to follow, easy instructions, as requested - which are tremendously and greatly appreciated ! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this !
(I am a bit supprised though, with all those red exes and and the yellow triangle w/exclamation point, beside lines of code, in the left margin, that script's actually now working, as I thought maybe those would've been indicators of additional problems with the respectibe lines of script to which they pertain, based upon what "appear to be 'corrective requirement / popups'", that appear, when hovering over them, w/mouse) ?

Des
§
Posted: 13.11.2023

I noticed those too but I don't know enough about scripting to figure out what they mean. My best guess is that they are warnings rather than errors (ie an error would break the code, a warning wouldn't).

§
Posted: 14.11.2023

That lends some plausible, further clarity. Thanks again ! : )

Jupiter LiarAuthor
§
Posted: 16.11.2023

I updated it. The problem should be fixed.

Sign in to post a reply.