WordSleuth

A script that helps you guess words in skribblio

< Feedback on WordSleuth

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 19. 06. 2023

Awesome concept; it would be cool to see the automatic adding of words if an unknown word appears in a normal lobby.

fermionAuthor
§
Posted: 19. 06. 2023
Edited: 19. 06. 2023

Hey,

Thank you for the feedback. I've actually attempted this by establishing a public alternate GitHub account that would automatically commit changes. However, unfortunately, there's no way to prevent people from contributing arbitrary words (griefing). For now I think the best approach is me to accept the changes people want to make. I could improve the process of contributing to the wordlist though.

§
Posted: 23. 06. 2023
Edited: 23. 06. 2023

I have a suggestion: How about hiding observable hints already used in the chat?

Thanks for making such an awesome tool; I certainly enjoy using it!

Also, that's an interesting problem — maybe there's a way to store data locally, instead.
You could probably organize the wordlist by frequency and increase the distance words move on the list.
This will make the ordering better, considering the length of the word list.
Then again, that's probably overcomplicated for such a minor improvement.

§

There are so many ideas for such a niche game, I really want to get into javascript. Do you have any useful resources for learning, other than the official documentation?

fermionAuthor
§

There are so many ideas for such a niche game, I really want to get into javascript. Do you have any useful resources for learning, other than the official documentation?

I've actually never learned JavaScript. I'm just looking up how to do things on the go, but I know Java and a bunch of other languages. If I were to learn JavaScript, I would search for online books and start projects with JavaScript to learn as I go.

fermionAuthor
§

I have a suggestion: How about hiding observable hints already used in the chat?

Thanks for making such an awesome tool; I certainly enjoy using it!

Also, that's an interesting problem — maybe there's a way to store data locally, instead.
You could probably organize the wordlist by frequency and increase the distance words move on the list.
This will make the ordering better, considering the length of the word list.
Then again, that's probably overcomplicated for such a minor improvement.

Yeah, this is a good suggestion. I have considered it myself but have not yet implemented it. It should be relatively easy.

Sign in to post a reply.