Twitter: view more replies and remove useless sections

View more replies and remove useless sections from twitter

< Feedback on Twitter: view more replies and remove useless sections

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 13. 07. 2023

A suggestion: add options so we can disable auto-clicking to show certain types of replies (example: blocked spambot). Had to manually comment out the bulk that corresponds to "Show additional replies, including those that may contain offensive content" to stop that from showing.

max44Author
§
Posted: 13. 07. 2023

I added this option - it is on the 1st place is settings, please try the new version. "Show additional replies..." is active by default.

§
Posted: 14. 07. 2023

Oh, turns out I didn't have it updated yet!

max44Author
§
Edited: 14. 07. 2023

It's okay, I added it only after your request

§

Ah, nice! Thanks Max!

max44Author
§

You are welcome

§
Posted: 07. 08. 2023

OK, that problem returned... Perhaps there could be a way to check if someone is blocked then don't show it.

max44Author
§
Posted: 08. 08. 2023

My script can do something only if the target can be identified in html-code of the webpage. If someone is blocked, I can see it only if he is marked respectively.

Could you please give me an example of what is wrong? Then I can look for a solution.

§
Posted: 08. 08. 2023
Edited: 08. 08. 2023

It appears the case is that it involves someone having replied to a person that has blocked. In those case, it STILL clicks "View".
Perhaps it should check if:
/html/body/div[1]/div/div/div[2]/main/div/div/div/div[1]/div/section/div/div/div/div/div[7]/div/div/article/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div[1]/div/span/span/span
contains "This Tweet is from an account you blocked." before clicking "view"

It also reminded me to check which of my other scripts automatically hides tweet cards containing "This Tweet is from an account you blocked.".

max44Author
§
Posted: 09. 08. 2023

Ah, I see now the problem. My script clicks the button "View" on the tweets from blocked accounts. But it should not. I have to fix it

max44Author
§

Done

§

Thank you so much once again!

Sign in to post a reply.